Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 no longer recognizes Seagate external USB

When Roku makes new OS updates available, they stagger the rollout, just in case something severe occurs so they haven't "contaminated" the entire world. Your other box should get the update in the next few days, hopefully not more than a couple of weeks. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AirMojo
Streaming Star

@atc98092Okay... I'll keep an eye on it... I thought one could "force" the update manually if they did the checking, instead of waiting for an automatic update to come through.

It still works fine... I'll see what happens @

Thank you... I love my Roku 3 boxes !

0 Kudos
atc98092

The manual update check will not override Roku's deployment schedule. I've heard, but cannot confirm, that a factory reset will force the update to the latest version. 

The Roku 3 was an exceptional piece of equipment when it came out, and still provides great service in most regards. But it is lacking in some features, and I'm sure it's time will come that Roku decides to move it to the legacy group and no longer provide support. Of course, even when it's declared legacy it will continue to function. Individual channel providers make the decision about when to cut off support for those older boxes, not Roku. Roku just stops providing OS updates to devices in the legacy group. 

Dan

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Re: Has Roku Media Player issue been fixed?

Read in another thread that is is fixed.  Try to force a firmware upload if still not working for you. Wish I could just stay at 10.5.x finally working well 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
bthammer
Reel Rookie

Closing the loop from my end: my drive is once again working. Thank you @EvilBert1 for starting this thread to alert Roku of the issue, and to the Roku team for fixing the issue and everyone else that helped with information to diagnose and determine the extent of this.

0 Kudos
jbro5479

My systems are doing the same thing with any USB. It is not the USB. It is the stupid update! Bull**bleep**. When is this going to be fixed?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@jbro5479 because threads can drift I have to ask: what is your Roku model number?

Dan

0 Kudos
EvilBert1
Binge Watcher

I just tested my Roku3/Seagate set-up.  It is up-to-date on the Roku software and it still works.  

0 Kudos