Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texp
Level 7

Media Player question

I have some movies on a hard drive that is attached to a networked PC (not drive "C"). When I open the Media Player, it only finds the files on drive "C". How can I get it to find the other hard drive. It is attached to a usb port on the PC Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Media Player question

If you are referring to the Roku Media Player (RMP), it does not have the ability to connect to shared folders on external devices. If it has a USB port, you can connect an external hard drive to the Roku and play compatible media directly. Otherwise RMP can only connect to a networked device running DLNA server software, such as Serviio or others. 

If you are referring to Windows media player on the computer, you have to add the attached drive to the media library. But this isn't a Windows support forum. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

Re: Media Player question

I have a Belkin N600 router which comes with Media Server by myTwonky, a feature that enables easy video and photo sharing across the network. I have a USB thumb drive plugged into the Belkin for RMP use on two Roku products.

Check your router. 

0 Kudos