Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmbissell
Level 7

Media Player 5.3 Build 4 broken

As of Friday (8/21/20) the Media Player on my Premiere+ will no longer play "All Music" from my DLNA server. The app finds the server (an external drive attached to my router) and the the music folder. It loads all the files but when I click on a title to start playing, it jumps to a screen that then freezes. It will play single tracks or albums.

I have a Roku 3 that I had not connected in a while. It still had 5.3 Build 3 on it and worked fine. After manually updating it to Build 4, it hangs just like it does on the Premiere+.

Please revert the Media Player to Build 3 until this problem can be resolved.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mitchinphx
Level 8

Re: Media Player 5.3 Build 4 broken

My Roku Media Player will now not play many DLNA video media files after the update. The funny thing is I was just watching the same movie before the update and it played fine. Now it gets about 40% loaded according to the load status bar and it goes back to the main menu.

Ok, turns out the problem is in my new 55R635 tv, it will not play most of the .mkv files my 55R615 will. I am sad my new TV will not play all the formats and codecs of the one it's replacing.

Always trying to learn.....
atc98092
Level 21

@mitchinphx wrote:

My Roku Media Player will now not play many DLNA video media files after the update. The funny thing is I was just watching the same movie before the update and it played fine. Now it gets about 40% loaded according to the load status bar and it goes back to the main menu.

I can play MP3 and M4A music files from my DLNA server without an issue. I also have no issues with videos. My DLNA server (Serviio) will transcode unsupported media, but all of my music files are supported by Roku. For my videos, I have a mixture of fully supported  (container, audio and video supported) and partial (one or more of the audio, video or container not supported) and they all play fine. I also tested TVersity DLNA server because someone else had a problem, and it too worked fine on my Roku devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jmbissell
Level 7

I can play individual songs or albums. But it just hangs hen trying to play "All Music" no matter which song I start with and eventually bounces back to the Roku Home screen. My 3,000 tracks are all MP3.

0 Kudos
jmbissell
Level 7

I have the same issue under the just-released 5.3.5 as with 5.3.4, namely that the app loads all the tracks and shows the cover art, then hangs on "Start the beginning" when trying to play the "All Music" folder. After a minute or so it just bounces back to the Home screen. Individual tracks or albums start OK. This worked fine prior to 5.3.4. I have restarted the Roku and my router/DLNA server to no avail.

I have about 2900 tracks and the DLNA server is a Linksys EA7300 router. Again, all was OK until 5.3.4 and not fixed in 5.3.5.

0 Kudos