Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SS121
Reel Rookie

Mavtv Plus Not Working No Matter What I Do

I have downloaded the channel multiple times. No matter what I do when I hit the channel it says error service is temporary unavailable please try again later. I have contacted mavtv they say it’s not on there end it’s on roku’s end. This is a app that I pay for so getting frustrated that I can’t watch the races I paid for

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mavtv Plus Not Working No Matter What I Do

@SS121 

Clear out and reinstall the app.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. If there was some corrupt data causing the app to not work, that should resolve it.

If it's something else causing, this likely won't make a difference and we'll need to try something else.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SS121
Reel Rookie

Tried but no work

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@SS121 

Have you tried to watch MavTV Plus on an alternative device like a laptop/computer/phone, etc.  I don't have the MavTV subscription but was able to install and launch the Channel on my Ultra 4660.  Able to navigate menus, select Watch Now,  but was then met with a sign-in or sign-up message after selecting a race to watch.  Unfortunately, there was no free content so wasn't able to see if I could actually watch something.

Sounds from your description that you can't even launch the Channel.  Since this is a direct subscription to MavTV, try playing on another device.  If it works on a computer/laptop/phone, then likely narrowing issue down to your particular Roku device.  What is your Roku model number (Settings/System/About).

In the meantime, (although not the same), MavTV does have a LiveTV channel on the Roku Channel (ch. 245 - MavTV Select).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

ricksibley

I tried removing, rebooting and reinstalling. NO GO.

0 Kudos
abonda

I did the same and no go here either. 

0 Kudos
racedez

I've removed the app, rebooted roku, reinstalled the app and the same thing happens.  I get an error message that says, Thrown "number" is not an integer.  On my iphone 13, mavtv launches ok but after selecting the program to watch, the program just spools and never runs.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @racedez

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos