Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Make Discovery Plus or else ...

Don't really care who provides what !  That's Roku's rathole - not mine. Don't even try to make me care.

If Roku wanted to add Discovery Plus they could make sure it happens.

These things always come down to $$$. [advertising $$$?]

Dear Roku: Don't force me to buy a Fire TV !  Haven't done it yet, but I will by the end of January if there is no Roku Discovery Plus app for me to install. [Not a half-baked promise.]

You've known about this for a long time, and I'm sure you knew people [your customers] would be unhappy with no app.

Don't you care?

Once I try Fire TV, I may not come back!  That will be your risk!

I have bought over 10 Roku's over the years for myself and for gifts going back to Roku 1's and 2's when they were new. I've been loyal, it's time for you to step up.

Stop whining. Just make it happen.  All of the other steamers will have it on Jan 4.

All you pleading customers, have the guts to 'vote with your feet'.

Join me in buying a Fire TV if there's no Roku app and send Roku a copy of your Fire TV receipt.

And don't give a Roku as a gift unless you have a hard date for the Roku-based Discovery Plus app.  [If you've already bought it as a gift or for yourself, you can return it.]

No, never worked for a streaming device company or content provided, I never did [I'm now retired].  Amazon doesn't need more of my $$$. I've been a long-time Roku supporter.

Let's make this happen! We cord-cutters have to support the new streaming model or we'll be back to the 'bad old days' of cable companies controlling what's on your TV, not a wider choice for a low price.

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Level 18

Re: Make Discovery Plus or else ...

As you get older you might realize the World does not revolve around you.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 7

obviously, you must believe the world revolves around roku and not their customers

Level 18

I watch Discovery regularly. It is available on several Premium Roku Channels/

Discovery Plus will probably come around in time. If it doesnt I couldnt care less.

Make Discovery Plus or else what you'll leave and hold your breath?

SO WHAT!!!!!

Discovery Plus isnt even launched yet. How old are you?

"Please have Discovery Plus or else" how Ridiculous.

Level 7

I agree 💯.

I'm sick and tired of Roku NOT GIVING A **bleep** about their customers.

If they don't carry Discovery Plus I WILL change to another device!

I agree also maybe Boogernose should keep eating his boogers and booger off

Level 7

Hissy fit much?  It's actually not completely up to Roku when they get the access to the app FROM YHR CREATOR.  Roku doesn't create the app - they only supply the conduit.  Go yell at Discovery Channel.

Level 8

I bought a 4k firestick two days ago just in case.

0 Kudos
Level 8

You might want to care.  The other apps are not guaranteed to remain on because of the new app. Also, some of the programming by Josh Gates and Ghost Adventures will become exclusive only to the new app. 

0 Kudos
Level 18

you teeny bop brats dont rule anyones world. Not even your own.

0 Kudos