Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surferdude
Level 7

MULTIPLE issues with ROKU

GOT A NEW TCL TV TODAY WITH ROKU

first i couldn't figure out why ROKU kept displaying their website in spanish.....FINALLY got that figured out.

THEN the remote stopped working and managed to get to work again

NOW.... i want to add channels to my TV and even though they are listed on the ROKU website they don't come up on the screen? why? i've added them to my account online ....nothing!

tried to save a list for shows i want to watch....it displays a code and i type it into my account..... NOT RECOGNIZED

frustrated as H#LL .... what is with this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: MULTIPLE issues with ROKU

After you add channels via the web site you have to check for updates on your TV:
Settings->System->System update

Or wait and they'll be added automatically when it checks for updates itself (usually every night).

0 Kudos
surferdude
Level 7

did that.... didn't work.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

If the Roku website was coming up in Spanish then there must be some confusion about where you're located.  If you're not in the US and you're trying to fake it, you're on your own.  If you are in the US, you may just want to start over from scratch with a factory reset and a new Roku account.

0 Kudos