Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamanthaMidolo
Level 8

MTV app will not load when launched

My MTV app won’t load. It just shows the logo and a spinning wheel. I’ve deleted and reinstalled multiple times. It worked until about three weeks ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

16 REPLIES 16\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MTV app will not load when launched

Hey @SamanthaMidolo

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gualtieristepha
Level 7

I’m having the same issue! I’ve restarted and reinstalled, everything. MTV will not load!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gualtieristepha

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Since the issue persists from MTV after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SamanthaMidolo
Level 8

Hello @RokuKariza-D  I did restart before reinstalling and it still isn’t working. Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Rainbowgirl69
Level 7

We have been having the same issue. We finally had to turn on our firestick and watch it through there. We are going to attempt to remove, restart and reinstall but I am not hopeful.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Nidlr
Level 7

@RokuKariza-D 
I am having the same issue with MTV and also with Nick Jr and a number of other channels. I highly doubt it’s an issue with the channel developer if it is happening across multiple channels like this. Restart and reinstall did not fix. Anything else I can try? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gualtieristepha
Level 7

Yes, it is happening with other apps for me as well!  I don’t think it’s MTV, it’s got to be the ROKU. 

0 Kudos
SamanthaMidolo
Level 8

Hello @RokuKariza-D as multiple people have stated it is impacting other channels too. This looks like a Roku issue. What is being done to fix this? 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the posts.
We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos