Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

MTV app isn't working.

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: MTV app isn't working.

Jump to solution

I have solved this. Read bottom for solution  

I have two ISP providers. One Verizon, one Viasat. Which led me to do some debugging. When I connect with Verizon it gets blocked. When I do with viasat it doesn’t not.

Turns out the apps have updated the end user conditions and you need to accept it but to do that’s it redirects to a website (neutron.tech.api or something like it) that Verizon blocks before you can accept, so you get the “grab a snack “ message. You need to approve this on your router itself.  For some reason Verizon notes this redirect as malicious. It’s not.

To unblock this, connect to your router as admin and when you see the block come accept it and add the exception  Close the app and reopen it and it should work. 

My app now works .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@mjwhpfan82  Thanks for reaching out. We aren't seeing the same issue when testing. Please perform the steps listed here, in order, to remove the channel, restart your device, then add the channel back once more: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My MTV app is showing the same message, “MTV is unavailable.” I have removed it from my channels and redownloaded it as well as followed the steps in the link provided and the message still appears. I have been checking the app consistently for about 3 weeks now and have yet to been able to access it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Morgan 

Thanks for following up. We still are not able to reproduce the issue. Are other streaming channels working correctly on your device? 

Did you try following the troubleshooting steps listed, in order? You'll need to remove the channel, then restart your player before reinstalling the channel. Inside the channel, you might also try going into the settings menu, go to 'TV provider' and choose sign out. Then, go through the process of signing in with your TV provider again. 

If you are still experiencing issues from there, you'll want to reach out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. You can reach MTV support here: http://www.mtv.com/legal/frequently-asked-questions

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine has been down for about a month. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the channel multiple times. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue on both my Roku TV and my streaming stick. I’ve followed the troubleshooting and removed and restarted on both devices. Done that multiple times actually. No luck. I have that same screen with the error. It’s been at least a month. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Gumkemr 

Thanks for the note.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to MTV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the MTV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: http://www.mtv.com/legal/frequently-asked-questions

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have solved this. Read bottom for solution  

I have two ISP providers. One Verizon, one Viasat. Which led me to do some debugging. When I connect with Verizon it gets blocked. When I do with viasat it doesn’t not.

Turns out the apps have updated the end user conditions and you need to accept it but to do that’s it redirects to a website (neutron.tech.api or something like it) that Verizon blocks before you can accept, so you get the “grab a snack “ message. You need to approve this on your router itself.  For some reason Verizon notes this redirect as malicious. It’s not.

To unblock this, connect to your router as admin and when you see the block come accept it and add the exception  Close the app and reopen it and it should work. 

My app now works .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info but how do you unblock it? I can see the blocks in the log but can't find where to unblock it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

In answer to my own question, I found out the answer. As a note, I used this to access the Noggin app but it should work on any app that has this issue

Currently the only way to I found to fix this is to have the "Verizon My Fios" app on your phone. The websites shows the following notice "We see you have enabled Home Network Protection. Please use your MyFios app to manage all devices and parental controls on your home network. All controls on this site have been disabled."

In the Fios app go to Internet and turn off "Home Network Protection" until you have completely signed in. Once I was signed in, I didn't have any issues watching shows with the protection turned back on.

0 Kudos