Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

MTV Hits Channel on Roku (Premiere Device)

I added the MTV Hits channel through Roku to my Roku TV and created a subscription with my Roku account without any problems a few months ago. Yesterday, I purchased the Roku Premiere streaming device for a second tv in our home. I was able to find the  MTV Hits channel on the second tv with the premiere device. However, when using the MTV Hit channel, there is not an option to “login / sign in” into an existing account. The only option is to start a free 7 day trial with the purchase of a subscription, which obviously is not what I want to do since I am already paying for a subscription. I have tried using the “ * “  option button and nothing happens. Any assistance or advice on how to handle this or get logged in is appreciated Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: MTV Hits Channel on Roku (Premiere Device)

My guess is MTV is who can tell you how to do it. Roku doesn't provide support for that channel, (they only provide direct support for their own two channels), so unless another user here has that channel and is familiar with it, you might be waiting a while for an answer here. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MTV Hits Channel on Roku (Premiere Device)

@ashkirk

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact MTV Hits Channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos