Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markallen54
Level 7

MSNBC doesn't load or cuts out frequently.

MSNBC won't always load, flashes reauthenticate with code but only for a second then goes back to Roku home. many times as MSNBC is playing it cuts out screen goes black comes back in a few minutes. Sometimes an error comes up that says Code: An unexpected problem (but not server time out or HTTP error) has been detected. MSNBC is the only station this happens. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MSNBC doesn't load or cuts out frequently.

@markallen54 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
chouliha
Level 7

I have the same issue with our Roku tv on msnbc.  It works fine for an hour then goes black for less than a minute and then comes on.  I have shut down, removed the nbc app and reinstalled. Help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chouliha 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart the Roku device/TV before adding the channel back in that specific order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
RollyTG
Level 7

I am having this problem also. What do you mean by removing a channel. Do you mean Roku Channel, or Spectrum Channel or just MSNBC? We also have this problem with CNN, but not Fox News. Would I be  bit paranoid to think that "left wing" stations were being censored? 

0 Kudos
chouliha
Level 7

I found the problem.  After much head scratching I checked the signal strength on the TV.  It was poor.  I ended up pulling a cable from the main house and installing a new router as an access point.  The setup was especially easy as the new router had this as part of its setup menu.   Problem solved and no more issues with the channels cutting out.

@chouliha wrote:

I have the same issue with our Roku tv on msnbc.  It works fine for an hour then goes black for less than a minute and then comes on.  I have shut down, removed the nbc app and reinstalled. Help?

0 Kudos
UserX9
Level 7

Same problem here.  Delete & restart is a waste of time.  Strange this does not happen on any other application.

0 Kudos
chouliha
Level 7

What is your signal strength on the TV?  Just something to check off while trouble shooting.  Does this happen with other channels?

0 Kudos
UserX9
Level 7

Fix the problem, please!

0 Kudos
chouliha
Level 7

My signal strength was poor when checked.  Installing a new access point solved the problem 

0 Kudos