Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LocalH
Level 8

MPEG-2 Chroma Upsampling Error (3910RW)

I’ve been using Plex’s MPEG-2 direct play ever since the update that fixed MPEG-2 decoding systemwide. I recently just noticed that interlaced MPEG-2 content is not properly decoded, in that the display appears to exhibit “chroma upsampling error”, where content marked as interlaced is treated as progressive for the purpose of upscaling chroma to match the luma. This problem occurs in every way that my HDHomeRun can be streamed to the Roku (Plex, HDHR, Roku Media Player). The exact same content, when fed to my PlayStation 3, does not exhibit this problem, nor does the problem appear on 720p MPEG-2 content.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: MPEG-2 Chroma Upsampling Error (3910RW)

Assuming you have upgraded to 9.4.0-4190 firmware...

Make sure you inform Roku with all the specifics/details:

Chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options   (setup/ultra/other/need more help)

or message @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LocalH 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LocalH
Level 8

Model: 3910RW

Serial: YG00DM954162

Channel: Every channel that can stream MPEG-2 (HDHomeRun via Plex, HDHR channel, Roku Media Player) whether live or not, only with interlaced MPEG-2

Issue ID: 62-476-033

0 Kudos