Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srglassw
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and choppy.

I have been in contact with MLBTV several times for over a month on this issue. I'm coming to the conclusion that they either don't have the expertise to figure out how to fix it or they have no intention of fixing it.
I've pretty much abondoned my Roku 3 except for MLBTV since I got a smart 4K TV and set up a media PC for streaming. The message for both MLBTV and Roku here is that if you piss off your customers for long enough they will leave you.
0 Kudos
ehren88888
Level 7

"joelaudadio" wrote:
Oh I definitely get it with commercials as well. But guys...the work around with changing the audio has worked like a charm for me. I change it to the radio broadcast and it's fine. Makes me a little annoyed but at least I can watch.

Obviously this is an audio streaming issue with MLB that has an impact on the video stream. I would imagine one of the two can't sync up with the other one, hence the freezing. You would think a multi-billion dollar company would figure this out...not a frustrated, paying customer on a Roku thread. Smh

Me too, I know the home feeds the radio is in sync but have they fixed the road games? So happy to have the audio silence during the commercial breaks. MLB.TV seems to be more happy pissing off subscribers with the repetitive ads every year than fixing their video flaws.
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
ehren88888
Level 7

WGN radio is on a 2 second delay today for the Cubs feed. Gotta love MLB. Keep up the great work.
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
LetsGoPhils
Level 7

My Roku 3 is Freezing and Choppy just like everyone else on here. I've got Spectrum internet at 100mbps using a dedicated 5G wireless router. I've set my HD setting  back to 720 but the problem still exists.   The audio change mentioned above by itzjussmee works for this problem but is not the broadcasters I want to hear.  I've contacted MLB as well and responded to their Email questions. Until MLB can fix this, I've been using the 7 second rewind button on the remote. At least that lets you see what happened in the game and fixes the problem for a little bit, maybe a few innings if you're lucky. As for the lame commercials, the mute button on the TV remote works very well!! 
Thank you RokuShawnS for trying to help us!!
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

"itzjussmee" wrote:
I don't remember if it was a comment on this thread or not, but I have found a solution that has worked tonight for me.  After watching the game again, it started to get choppy and was pretty much unwatchable. Someone suggested to change the audio to audio 3 which is the radio broadcast for my game.  Video now works flawlessly, with the radio audio of course. Try it out and see if that helps any of you.

I tried watching with the radio broadcast. It didn't help and was out of sync. But I did get to hear Bob Uecker!
0 Kudos
Tekneek
Level 7

Wanted to let you all know that I am another Roku 3 user that has experienced the same thing. It *seems* to be the BAMTech servers switching between speeds, because it also happens with ESPN streaming as well. It will step up the frames per second and then step it down, seemingly unable to settle on a consistent speed. It isn't a local issue, being an engineer I know I have more bandwidth to spare.
0 Kudos
LloydLungs
Level 7

I think that the MLB TV app updated, but this problem still persists.

Anyone heard anything new on this?  Strongly suspect that this will never get resolved and gradually phase out as Roku 2/3s gradually phase out.  Hope I'm wrong.
0 Kudos
ehren88888
Level 7

it updated because the home icon changed from blue to black but problems still occur on Roku Stick 3600R. I don’t get as much freezing/choppy video when I use the Phillies radio overlay. The radio audio really sucks for quality tho. Seems the Roku doesn’t use the High Level Streaming. It sounds very slushy.
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
joelaudadio
Level 7

Problem continues for me as well. Absolutely sickening. Thank goodness my buddy gave me a firestick. Completely flawless streaming with that.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I don't have an update on this issue, but I'll check again on Monday.  As said above, contacting MLB support is still important.  They are definitely aware of the issue, and are still working on it.

**EDIT**  Also, as this thread has reached the 5-page threshold we now have in-place, I'll probably be closing this thread on Monday, and opening a new one at that time.  Links to this thread in the new post, and a link to the new thread in this post, will be provided.

In the meantime, if you still need to reply to this thread, feel free to do so, but otherwise start a new thread with the subject line "MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2."  (Will make my job a bit easier come Monday :mrgreen: )
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos