Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itzjussmee
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and choppy.

Also would like to add that I just got done watching the Oakland A's game and it was fine at first, but got really bad at the end.  After the game ended, I switched straight over to the Yankees/Orioles game and it has worked perfect for 30+ minutes.  Could it possibly be a game by game issue?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I just received word that MLBTV is still working on the issue.  For future inquiries about this issue, you can contact MLBTV directly.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

i gave up on roku

switched over to macbook to watch yanks v O's

it froze up 2 times so far. i had to restart the game both times.

it is more than just a roku issue.
0 Kudos
srglassw
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I just received word that MLBTV is still working on the issue.  For future inquiries about this issue, you can contact MLBTV directly.

Please don't let this issue drop. I have contacted MLBTV a number of times on this issue since the first week of March and have received nothing that has helped to resolve the issue. They respond with the standard answers -- reinstall the app, reset your Roku, reset you router, etc. They obviously don't accept that THEY have an issue, not their customers. We, Roku's customers, need your support in ensuring that this issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"srglassw" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:

Please don't let this issue drop. I have contacted MLBTV a number of times on this issue since the first week of March and have received nothing that has helped to resolve the issue. They respond with the standard answers -- reinstall the app, reset your Roku, reset you router, etc. They obviously don't accept that THEY have an issue, not their customers. We, Roku's customers, need your support in ensuring that this issue gets resolved.

We're in constant contact with MLB on the issue, so no worries there.  I will update the thread when as we get more information from MLB, but support questions regarding the issue should be directed to them.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
LloydLungs
Level 7

For the record, I am experiencing this exact issue with all the symptoms described with a Roku 2 on my small office TV.  Our main TV is a Roku TV and we do not experience it on that one.

Note that I also have experienced this exact issue frequently with WatchESPN as well, but not with any other apps that I know of.
0 Kudos
joelaudadio
Level 7

Hello..I thought I was all alone with this issue. It has become unbearable. I've done everything and anything possible. Nothing helps. One thing I have noticed is that it actually performs better on my 5G wifi as compared to my direct Ethernet connection. My bandwidth is triple the amount they require. My router and modem have been checked and double checked and even swapped out just to be safe. The issue is also all over twitter. I'm at my wit's end! They have aknowledged that it is an issue but they refuse to give me a resolution date. For the record, ALL my channels stream perfectly via my Ethernet...all but MLB Tv. Can I be kept in the loop when there is some news! Thank you so much. Very glad I found this site!
0 Kudos
joelaudadio
Level 7

Ahhh! Another user that has same results as me. I have an acceptable streaming experience with my Roku TV but again, not with my Ethernet connected Roku 3. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
evo34
Level 7

Eff MLB.  Get a refund now.  They are not going to do a thing to fix this.  It's your only option.
0 Kudos
itzjussmee
Level 7

I don't remember if it was a comment on this thread or not, but I have found a solution that has worked tonight for me.  After watching the game again, it started to get choppy and was pretty much unwatchable. Someone suggested to change the audio to audio 3 which is the radio broadcast for my game.  Video now works flawlessly, with the radio audio of course. Try it out and see if that helps any of you.
0 Kudos