Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehren88888
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and choppy.

MLB still can’t get the audio overlay in sync. Phillies feed against Mets tonight is ahead of the tv broadcast by a half second.
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos

I don't even own a Roku but my mom does.  She is having this exact problem on her Roku 2, trying to stream MLB games on the mlb.tv app.  It's beyond frustrating.  She paid $100 for this service and it's borderline unusable.  All other apps on her Roku stream just fine.  It's just mlb.tv that has issues.  Same story as the previous posters:  Stream starts out fine, then becomes choppy and freezes, and eventually just craps out entirely.  Happens every time she tries to watch a game.

PLEASE fix this crap ASAP so my 70-year-old mom can just enjoy her baseball.
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

The last few days have been worse than ever. It's become borderline unwatchable. Any update as to an ETR?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I checked in, but don't have anything at the moment, other than it should have been fixed.  I'll poke someone tomorrow for a more definite update.

To reiterate, you're on a Roku 3, correct?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I checked in, but don't have anything at the moment, other than it should have been fixed.  I'll poke someone tomorrow for a more definite update.

To reiterate, you're on a Roku 3, correct?

Yes.
Will buying a Roku 4 fix the issue?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

It likely will, considering we're only seeing this on the Roku 3 (4200) right now.  But we need to understand why this is happening.  I'm 100% confident that MLBTV is on the case (I've already received that information), but I'm awaiting word from those in the know as to what the status is of the issue, so I don't have a complete answer on the Roku 3 issue right now.

In some instances, the channel version will be different on various platforms, and it may be the case that an issue on the 4200 with the current version of MLBTV is causing this behavior.  That should be corrected within a few weeks, if not sooner (as I understood the issue, it should have already been fixed).  Once I get feedback from those in the know, I'll be able to advise you further.

Give me until Friday at the latest, but I'm hoping to have information by tomorrow afternoon.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
evo34
Level 7

Within a few weeks...   Nice work, MLB.  It's not like you didn't have an entire offseason and pre-season to troubleshoot the issue.
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:

Give me until Friday at the latest, but I'm hoping to have information by tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you Shawn, I appreciate your efforts.
0 Kudos

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
considering we're only seeing this on the Roku 3 (4200) right now

Roku 2 as well.
0 Kudos
itzjussmee
Level 7

I would like to add myself to the people having trouble with games freezing/stuttering/choppy/etc on mlb.tv with roku3.  It's happened for a very long time.  Would like to resolve this issue as it makes the games unwatchable at times.
0 Kudos