Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevmeister
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and choppy.

I have this same problem. It began when I started watching preseason games a month or so ago. Would love to find out what's going on.
0 Kudos
kevmeister
Level 7

"tommy5725" wrote:
Am I the only one having an issue with locking frames and choppy video during games? I have a Roku 3. Netflix, Amazon Prime, and dozens of other channel apps all work fine. Also I can cast from the MLB At Bat app on my Android phone to my Chromecast fine too, although there's no good way to fast forward the commercials there. I am not watching live. My internet speed checks in above 40mb/sec.

I've been having this issue ever since pre-season games began this year. Intermittent freeze-ups that last from fractions of a second to one or two seconds each. Audio stream is unaffected.
0 Kudos
AWArulz
Level 7

I am also experiencing this at 20:35 est during the chi feed of the cubs marlins game

4210x roku2
5y25ag271427
8.0.0 build 4184-04

I can’t figure out that channel version thing
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

mlb.com on roku channel all day yesterday watching yankees vs bluejays or nationals vs reds.

freezing then eventually crashing roku
tried restarting router and resetting roku

i am suspecting the new mlb.com roku channel which is much more elaborate and slow compared to last years channel

i commented on mlb.com facebook acct and never got any response. no response from mlb.com email customer support either.
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

I have also noticed that the commercials are different if I rewind. It's like they're preloading them. I saw something and when I went back it was gone. I don't imagine that anyone not watching live ever sees a commercial. Honestly I wish they would edit them out after the game.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

interesting to me is that there are no commercials when watching on my laptop

commercials are only on roku channel
0 Kudos
AWArulz
Level 7

Terrible today. I am stopping it and restarting it between atbats.
0 Kudos
Mikedean441
Level 7

Same issue here. Intermittent freezing and lagging during Indians game and commercials.

Add this to being 45 seconds behind the life action when I was watching on Thursday and I've already had enough.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

something is out of whack with mlb.com.

when i use their mlb.tv bandwidth test i get 2650 kps

when i test my internet speed with any other "whats my speed" internet speed  test i get 69 mps speed.  http://www.mlb.com/tools/bandwidthdetect/index.jsp

WTF is going on with mlb.com?

THEY MUST HAVE LOUSY SERVERS
0 Kudos
ekaz
Level 7

This seems to be some sort of audio/video sync issue.  Watching the Indians game today, I saw all kinds of stuttering.  Switched to audio track 3 (radio), and the stuttering disappeared.   Went back to the TV broadcast audio, and the stuttering came back.  

Then later on a different Roku in another room, was watching the Tigers-Pirates game.  Was playing fine for a few innings, then all of a sudden it started stuttering really bad.  Switched to the radio audio track, and the stuttering went away.

Has anybody else noticed the stuttering disappears if you switch to the radio broadcast?

One advantage of the radio track is that it mutes all of the repetitive MLB.TV commercials.  Its just too bad that you have to re-select the audio track every time you begin playing a game from the main MLB.TV screen.
0 Kudos