Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommy5725
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and choppy.

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Thanks.

Also forgot to ask: We need approximate date/time you first noticed the issue.

That I couldn't really say. I know that it happened all last season. Honestly, it's been happening for so long I just thought that's the way it was.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Thanks.  Next time it happens, note the date and time and let me know.  We'll need to be able to identify the timestamp when we look at the logs.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

I watched the Cardinal play the Mets today (not live), and it happened throughout. It doesn't happen constantly but every few minutes. And if I rewind and play it again, the same part usually plays fine for a while, then 5 minutes later same issues. It always happens. I could play a game right now if you'd like.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

We've notified MLB and they're investigating.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
We've notified MLB and they're investigating.

Wow. Thank you.
0 Kudos
srglassw
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Thanks.

Also forgot to ask: We need approximate date/time you first noticed the issue.

I've had this issue since day 1 of spring training this year and it has been an issue every game I have watched. Right now I am watching the live stream of the Pirates at Tigers game and am experiencing the issue. Pausing the video momentarily seems to resolve the issue but only temporarily.
0 Kudos
ehren88888
Level 7

Roku Stick 3600R I have 60meg Spectrum internet on 5ghz WiFi and it’s been terrible especially the video choppy/hiccups. Even on Apple TV when the ads play they drop bandwidth and are very pixelated and when the game comes back it goes up to HD 30fps and then 60fps. Someone gave me their old Chromecast and I am just watching games on that since there are no commercial break ads. I’ve had it with the repetitive ads every frickin half inning of EVERY GAME.
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
Checkered24
Level 7

Any further information on the freezing and choppy video for Roku 3?  I have been having the same issue on my Roku 3 all preseason and now into tonight.  Around 7:10, a few minutes into tonight's Cubs/Marlins game the video got real choppy.  I have also since had sporadic choppy and freezing video, as well as video falling out of HD into lower resolution on the Roku3.  I can run this game on any other device in the house (desktop, laptop, or phone) and have perfectly flowing and consistent HD Video.  

I did delete and re-load the MLB app, which has not seemed to help.  My internet speed is measuring at 43 MBPS download and 8.16 upload.

Specs as requested above.  

MLB App Channel Version 5.1, Build 2018032201
Roku Model 4230X Roku 3
Seriel 632596010979
Software 8.0 0  Build 4143-04
Date/time  Fri March 30th, 7:10 PM. (freezig/Choppy).  7:40-7:50 constant dropping out of HD video. 
Video choppy again at 8:53 ET.   9:33-34 ET
0 Kudos
ehren88888
Level 7

Is it just the away feeds that the audio overlay sync is off?
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Checkered24" wrote:
Any further information on the freezing and choppy video for Roku 3?  I have been having the same issue on my Roku 3 all preseason and now into tonight.  Around 7:10, a few minutes into tonight's Cubs/Marlins game the video got real choppy.  I have also since had sporadic choppy and freezing video, as well as video falling out of HD into lower resolution on the Roku3.  I can run this game on any other device in the house (desktop, laptop, or phone) and have perfectly flowing and consistent HD Video.  

I did delete and re-load the MLB app, which has not seemed to help.  My internet speed is measuring at 43 MBPS download and 8.16 upload.

Specs as requested above.  

MLB App Channel Version 5.1, Build 2018032201
Roku Model 4230X Roku 3
Seriel 632596010979
Software 8.0 0  Build 4143-04
Date/time  Fri March 30th, 7:10 PM. (freezig/Choppy).  7:40-7:50 constant dropping out of HD video. 
Video choppy again at 8:53 ET.   9:33-34 ET

As stated above, MLB is investigating the issue.  I don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed, but I don't think it will be much longer.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos