Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekaz
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and choppy.

"itzjussmee" wrote:
I don't remember if it was a comment on this thread or not, but I have found a solution that has worked tonight for me.  After watching the game again, it started to get choppy and was pretty much unwatchable. Someone suggested to change the audio to audio 3 which is the radio broadcast for my game.  Video now works flawlessly, with the radio audio of course. Try it out and see if that helps any of you.

Yeah, I suggested this back on page 2 of the thread.  Switching to radio audio seems to fix the problem for some teams but not others.  So far I'm thankful it fixes the issue for my team (Indians).  However, the other day, I was watching an A's game when the stuttering started.  I switched to radio audio, and the choppy video continued right along.   Smiley Sad
For the record, I'm seeing the issue on both a Roku2 & Roku3.  Also, as someone else mentioned, I've sometimes seen this same choppy video using the WatchESPN app, but all other apps work fine.  Its ridiculous.  MLB.TV ran flawlessly for me last season, with even better video quality than on my PS4.  This year its awful on the Roku2 & 3.
0 Kudos
joelaudadio
Level 7

I've been a customer for 7 years, and while I've had a few ups and downs with my experience, overall, it's been mostly positive. I actually cancelled my subscription. It takes anywhere from 3 to 7 days for the refund to process, so I figured if things work themselves out before then, I will reinstate my subscription. For the record, MLB could not could not give 2 craps, and they actually encouraged me to cancel. The first rep I spoke with weeks ago would not even acknowledge the issue. However, the person who cancelled for me, again, highly encouraged it. Very sad.
As for this audio change, I'm not sure what you are all referring to, but I would gather it's not even worth figuring it out as it apparently works for some, and not for others. Is that option available before you start the game where you choose whether it's a home or away feed you would like to watch?
Would anyone recommended switching over to a Roku 4? A few have mentioned that it has not happened on that version... however, do we have any solid proof about this? Thanks again everyone!
0 Kudos
teleute
Level 7

THANK YOU to ekaz for suggesting the audio feed workaround.  So far the video has been not 100% perfect but notably better.  And even if it weren't, you've at least saved my TV from being thrown out the window if I had to hear "During this break in the action"...one more goddamn time.  Smiley Very Happy

Will keep an eye to see if it continues to make a difference.  For reference, two Roku 3s here having the same issue - and we also have it with WatchESPN, but nothing else.
0 Kudos
dritter29
Level 7

Does the Roku 3 no longer have the horsepower to handle the video stream that MLB is pushing?  I’m not keen to replace/upgrade (especially since my remote isn’t cluttered with worthless shortcut buttons), but I also recognize that no technology lasts forever and I’ve had my Roku 3s for quite a while (I have 2 4200’s)
0 Kudos
itzjussmee
Level 7

"joelaudadio" wrote:
I've been a customer for 7 years, and while I've had a few ups and downs with my experience, overall, it's been mostly positive. I actually cancelled my subscription. It takes anywhere from 3 to 7 days for the refund to process, so I figured if things work themselves out before then, I will reinstate my subscription. For the record, MLB could not could not give 2 craps, and they actually encouraged me to cancel. The first rep I spoke with weeks ago would not even acknowledge the issue. However, the person who cancelled for me, again, highly encouraged it. Very sad.
As for this audio change, I'm not sure what you are all referring to, but I would gather it's not even worth figuring it out as it apparently works for some, and not for others. Is that option available before you start the game where you choose whether it's a home or away feed you would like to watch?
Would anyone recommended switching over to a Roku 4? A few have mentioned that it has not happened on that version... however, do we have any solid proof about this? Thanks again everyone!

joe....while the game is playing...actually wait until you have an issue, just to make sure it works....click the star on the remote, scroll down to audio track, hit the right arrow a couple times to audio 3, arrow down to close....has worked for me.  every time so far.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
joelaudadio
Level 7

Thank you so much for the directions! I'm patiently waiting for the problem to occur today and I'm going to give it a shot. Very easy to do...I see the options! I won't touch it until I see it freeze! Thanks again.
0 Kudos
jackrabbit
Level 7

Well, so much for any fix! MLB just wants the money!  Could care less about the quality! 
 May have to cancel MLB as well! 
0 Kudos
cfrubio
Level 7

I am having the exact same problem with a Roku 3 and the MLB app on Roku.  Interesting it doesn't happens with the commercials between game (of course not!).
0 Kudos
dritter29
Level 7

"cfrubio" wrote:
I am having the exact same problem with a Roku 3 and the MLB app on Roku.  Interesting it doesn't happens with the commercials between game (of course not!).

I've seen it in commercials too (although I originally also thought the commercials seemed oddly immune).
0 Kudos
joelaudadio
Level 7

Oh I definitely get it with commercials as well. But guys...the work around with changing the audio has worked like a charm for me. I change it to the radio broadcast and it's fine. Makes me a little annoyed but at least I can watch.

Obviously this is an audio streaming issue with MLB that has an impact on the video stream. I would imagine one of the two can't sync up with the other one, hence the freezing. You would think a multi-billion dollar company would figure this out...not a frustrated, paying customer on a Roku thread. Smh
0 Kudos