Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFHarry
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2

I also was having trouble with stuttering and freezing during streaming using a Roku 2. I bought a Roku Ultra 4K/HDR/HD unit and the problems disappeared. YMMV
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

"SFHarry" wrote:
I also was having trouble with stuttering and freezing during streaming using a Roku 2. I bought a Roku Ultra 4K/HDR/HD unit and the problems disappeared. YMMV

but that does not explain same stuttering, freezing using laptop and tablet.
0 Kudos
srglassw
Level 7

"SFHarry" wrote:

I took a different approach. I set up a home theater mini PC for online streaming and have chucked my Roku 3. MLB was the only thing I ever watched with the Roku after getting the media PC. I believe this issue is MLB's fault but Roku dropped the ball by not making sure that MLB dealt with the issue. I will never buy another Roku product after this.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

much better price.

better stream.

screw mlb.tv

[Redacted by moderator - Reason: Forum Rules Violation]
0 Kudos
Judy2018
Level 7

"QuickMick" wrote:
Judy2018 - They haven't given us a fix YET - but we're still hoping they will do so very soon. In the meantime, what works for me is when the freezing/choppy video starts, I just press the "pause" button briefly and release. Sometimes I do it twice. That usually clears up the stuttering video for a while. It will probably come back again later so I just do the same procedure. It's not great, but it's a reasonable workaround until they get this fixed. Good luck!

Thanks I'll try it!!
0 Kudos
AWArulz
Level 7

I use my phone ( iOS) and my laptop and my old crappy fire stick ( the first one). No problems
0 Kudos
meyerra
Level 7

Tonight watching Astros and Yankees, live, using the YES broadcast.  Started out fine.  At 9:18 EDT, went to a series of freeze frames, no motion at all, just jumped from one frozen frame to another. At about 9:20 or 9:21 got a single frozen frame that lasted for at least 45 sec. to 1 minute.  Then, back to normal, everything fine.  Audio continues during the entire time with no problem.  I have a measured 100 Mbps bandwidth; I have stopped, uninstalled the MLB app, done a reset on the Roku (it is a Roku 3).  On other days have tried switching to the radio audio, still got some freezing. Watching it on my laptop is fine, so this is definitely an issue with Roku.  Get with it and fix this problem.  It worked fine last year, so you have definitely done something to screw it up. 
0 Kudos

Have the exact same problem. Astonished that its taken both Roku and MLBTV this long to produce ... nothing. No results. This is 2018. This Is your product. This is your job. Awesome.

Apple TV here I come!
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

8:54 pm est

yanks vs astros

game crashed on roku

resolution lousy

same ol BS
0 Kudos
gkwsnc
Level 7

Adding to the chorus. Same issue all season on my Roku 3. Just reinstalled and rebooted, slight improvement but time will tell.
0 Kudos