Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacksixer
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2

mlb attendance down and getting worse.

so what does mlb do?

produce a lousy subscription streaming service.

they are cutting their own throats and don't care.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

7:56 yanks vs twins.

roku

horrible picture quality then crash

pathetic
0 Kudos
makarov123
Level 7

Phillies game hasn't started yet, and due to buffering/loading the broadcast is already a few minutes behind live.

MLBTV performance on Roku is worse this year than ever. I purchased my Roku 6-7 years ago specifically to watch MLBTV, and now I guess I'm going to have to find a different option.

I haven't had problems this season watching via the At Bat app on phone or tablet, or through a browser on my PC. Most of the time, I prefer to watch games on my TV though. Perhaps I should just build a little media PC - but that doesn't give me the radio overlay option and I can't stand to listen to Tmac for an entire season.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

i ordered firestick and will report back

last year we had the same problem and mlb.tv allowed users to roll back app to previous version which worked great on roku 2
0 Kudos
hgfire
Level 7

This problem is a royal pain. Roku 3 continued freezes (at times 3 to 4 seconds apart,  hi-tech to almost standard definition until it returns, loading and reloading, even the redundant in-between innings video clips contain momentary freezes. Last year was stellar between MLB and the Roku app. What happened is anybody's guess. It's a darn shame because all this has continued since spring training and customers coast to coast have complained. I'm attempting to view Boston and Toronto 4/26, forget it, same old same old. Watching on my many computers is fantastic, as it should be. However, my enjoyment is on the big screen and that's where things have falling apart. Don't know who is to blame but please responsible parties put your heads together and get this total sports package corrected. 
DJ
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

this mlbtv streaming issue is bigger than just a roku problem.

i have similar problems on laptop and tablet this season
0 Kudos
Judy2018
Level 7

I'm having the same problem.  So there's nothing really to do?
0 Kudos
QuickMick
Level 7

Judy2018 - They haven't given us a fix YET - but we're still hoping they will do so very soon. In the meantime, what works for me is when the freezing/choppy video starts, I just press the "pause" button briefly and release. Sometimes I do it twice. That usually clears up the stuttering video for a while. It will probably come back again later so I just do the same procedure. It's not great, but it's a reasonable workaround until they get this fixed. Good luck!
0 Kudos
gerapetritis
Level 7

I have had the same problem all season with my Roku 3 and MLB TV.  The most frustrating part is that MLB support doesn't even know or believe that this problem exists.  They keep wanting me to reboot my Roku, delete and reinstall the app, log out and log back in, try another stream, etc. etc. etc.  They just don't get it that this is an app problem that users can't fix.

Harry
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

i created a twitter account just to complain to mlb.tv support.

of course they "act" like they care publicly on twitter because the world can see it.

they dont fix anything. they just give you the same ol runaround.

i urge all mlb.tv subscribers with problems to blast them on twitter

https://twitter.com/MLBFanSupport  &  https://twitter.com/MLBTV 
0 Kudos