Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacksixer
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2

9:29 pm est.

yanks vs astros

mlb.tv crashed roku

nice work guys

you blow
0 Kudos
gkwsnc
Level 7

30 minutes later more of the same. C’mon y’all.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

11:02 est
yanks v astros

lousy quality stream leading to

game restarting after waiting for  reload
0 Kudos
MaddieFen
Level 7

I have a Roku 2 and have the freezing problem with MLB.tv. My son watches it on his PS4 and has the same problem.  That makes me wonder if it is a problem with MLB.tv.  I don't have
any problems watching it on my laptop or phone.
0 Kudos
tacksixer
Level 7

i believe mlb.tv lowered their resolution to

try to eliminate the freezing and crashing.

the picture is definitely of lower resolution

i really hate mlb.tv

they are a lousy bunch.

edit: yanks vs indians just crashed 8:07 pm est

no change they really $#ck
0 Kudos
wilmac291
Level 7

I've had the same problem all season.  The "loading" screen is a very common occurrence/annoyance.  If I watch an entire game without exiting and re-entering the game, the game can be anywhere from 10-20 minutes behind real-time.  That is most irritating , since I can't look at anything on my phone or computer regarding the game I'm watching for fear of giving away what's coming up.  Watching a live show in a constantly increasing delay.  Seems every year there is some sort of problem between Roku and MLB tv.  Even though every other app runs fine on Roku, the lack of a fix for issues such as these in an app I watch all summer has made it truly time to move to Firestick.  Two Rokus are headed for the garage sale.
0 Kudos
QuickMick
Level 7

I was traveling this week and was hooked up to several different Internet providers on my Roku3. In all instances, I experienced the same thing folks are complaining about here - MLB.tv stuttering picture and sometimes freezing. Did NOT have issues with other streaming apps. I am home now, and have seen a game on our Amazon FireTV with ZERO issues, and also saw a game on our Roku TV (don't know what version of Roku it has integrated) and ZERO issues. This problem is definitely narrowed down to the MLB.tv app and at least the Roku3 streaming device. At the very least, Roku should immediately make a statement to loyal customers like us and be candid about the problem - if it's a graphic processor issue with Roku3 or below, then tell us that. We have a reasonable belief the Roku3 will work to stream MLB.tv without problems so when it does NOT do that, we are frustrated and question our investment in Roku products. Tell us what is going on or fix the problem. It's that simple.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mstat60
Level 7

If every other app works fine, except MLB TV, it’s an MLB TV issue, NOT a Roku issue! Call them and they act like they’re totally unaware of this problem. I got a refund for the season after several phone calls and ridiculous uninstall, reinstall, reboot modem, change this setting, change that setting, and on and on.
0 Kudos
tomorrowsman
Level 7

Same issue, Roku 3, Red Sox vs. Texas.

I heard Roku is only doing this to people who try to skip the ads - given I already paid for my internet, and already paid Roku for the device, and already paid MLB for the subscription, isn't this actionable, especially considering they did it in the fine print of announcing they are discontinuing support of the Roku 3? Discontinuing support is one thing, but purposely handicapping a paid subscription seems definitely actionable.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"tomorrowsman" wrote:
Same issue, Roku 3, Red Sox vs. Texas.

I heard Roku is only doing this to people who try to skip the ads - given I already paid for my internet, and already paid Roku for the device, and already paid MLB for the subscription, isn't this actionable, especially considering they did it in the fine print of announcing they are discontinuing support of the Roku 3? Discontinuing support is one thing, but purposely handicapping a paid subscription seems definitely actionable.

No, Roku is not doing this to people who skip ads.  It's an issue that MLBTv is working on.  I don't have a status update on the issue at this time.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos