Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judy2018
Level 7

Re: MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2

Same issue too...keeps happening tonight.
0 Kudos
LetsGoPhils
Level 7

Has anyone tried replacing the HDMI cable from Roku 3 to TV? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mstat60
Level 7

Why should we have to buy a new HDMI cable when every other streaming app works perfect?  C'mon MLBTV!  Fix this!
0 Kudos
flopsie
Level 7

I am having the same problem with my Roku 3. I was on the phone with MLB support last month. Very disappointing. Something along the lines of we can't replicate the problem. So Roku, are you sure MLB is working on this? 
0 Kudos
meyerra
Level 7

I have a Roku 3.  No problems last year with MLB.  My network has been independently speed checked at 100 Mbps.  When watching on my computer, no problem, but using Roku 3 I get intermediate freezes, often very short, sometimes longer.  Occasionally it becomes almost a sequence of still images.  It does appear to start after a few minutes of watching.  I have removed the app.  Checked Roku for latest version of the software -- it says I am up to date. I did a system reset on the Roku.  I added the MLB channel back, logged in --- still doing it.  There is one really strange thing I have noticed.  When an ad runs I will see similar VERY brief freezes.  When the ad runs again later in the same game or even another day, the freezes are in the exact same place in the ad --- very consistently.  This doesn't seem random.  I emailed  MLB and got the same message --- "we cannot duplicate.  Remove, reboot, add back, login again."  Made no difference.  It was doing it tonight while watching the Yankees game around 8:30 p.m. -- watching live.
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

"flopsie" wrote:
I am having the same problem with my Roku 3. I was on the phone with MLB support last month. Very disappointing. Something along the lines of we can't replicate the problem. So Roku, are you sure MLB is working on this? 

I love Roku I've owned them from the original that had all the apps in one straight left to right line, and while they may pay the price for what's clearly a MLB issue, I'm not going anywhere. Their user interface is much better than casting to my Chromecast, or using Samsung's nonsense.

I have always given away my Rokus when upgrading. I haven't decided on buying a Roku 4, or getting a TCL Roku TV like my brother has. However, if MLB needs to replicate the issue I'm more than happy to give them this one. Free, no strings, I'll even cover the shipping.
0 Kudos
flopsie
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
"mstat60" wrote:
If anyone has any insight, I'd love to know - thanx!!   

I apologize that I don't have an update on this issue yet.  All support-related questions should be addressed to MLBTv.

Once I get information I can post, I will add to this thread.

Hi Shawn. Just fyi, I decided to watch the Toronto Blue Jay vs. NY Yankees game last night (4/19). I followed one of the suggestions and changed the audio to radio. Watched the whole game with absolutely zero stuttering. Not a perfect way to watch, but beats what I have been putting up with so far. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
mstat60
Level 7

Here's another little something that's interesting.

MLBTV lists the following ROKU supported devices:  2400X, 2450X, 2500X, 2700X, 2710X, 2720X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, 3400X, 3420X, 3500X, 3600X, 3700X, 3710X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 5000X, 6000X 
The new lineup of ROKU devices is as follows, and does not include any of the MLBTV listed supported devices:  EXPRESS 3900, STREAMING STICK 3800, STREAMING STICK + 3810, ULTRA 4660.

Anyone know what the story is with this?

0 Kudos
Checkered24
Level 7

April 20th and this is still a highly
Irritating problem.

I get that Roku is putting this on MLB but That does not at all encourage me to buy more Roku devices.

The only thing that has issues on my Roku 3 is the MLB streaming. I bought Roku primarily as a platform to stream MLb.

If MLb and Roku cannot work out issues affecting stable streaming I cannot see buying another Roku device.
0 Kudos
QuickMick
Level 7

I created an account just to post this... I have the same problem as others have described:  Roku 3 freezes and is choppy during MLB.tv games. The "use radio audio" workaround seems to work, but isn't desirable in my case b/c I specifically prefer the TV audio. And as others have clarified, this problem is unique to Roku/MLB.tv since other streaming via Roku 3 has no problems and other MLB.tv streaming on other devices (e.g. Amazon FireTV) has no problem whatsoever. It's just a Roku 3 problem with MLB.tv regardless of which game you choose to watch.

An easy workaround is, when the video starts to freeze or become choppy, then press the Roku remote's "Pause/Play" button when the stuttering occurs which fixes it - sometimes the fix works for several innings and other times you need to do the same procedure a few times in the same inning - but it DOES work and is really easy fix to a very irritating problem. I can't take credit for this fix b/c another user posted it in the original string regarding this problem. Obviously, we all hope Roku and MLB.tv will devise a comprehensive solution to this problem so we don't have to play around with these workarounds. Good luck in the meantime!
0 Kudos