Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommy5725
Level 7

MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2

Link to original thread:
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=113023

Original post:

"tommy5725" wrote:
Am I the only one having an issue with locking frames and choppy video during games? I have a Roku 3. Netflix, Amazon Prime, and dozens of other channel apps all work fine. Also I can cast from the MLB At Bat app on my Android phone to my Chromecast fine too, although there's no good way to fast forward the commercials there. I am not watching live. My internet speed checks in above 40mb/sec.

"RokuShawnS" wrote:

I don't have an update on this issue, but I'll check again on Monday. As said above, contacting MLB support is still important. They are definitely aware of the issue, and are still working on it.

**EDIT** Also, as this thread has reached the 5-page threshold we now have in-place, I'll probably be closing this thread on Monday, and opening a new one at that time. Links to this thread in the new post, and a link to the new thread in this post, will be provided.

In the meantime, if you still need to reply to this thread, feel free to do so, but otherwise start a new thread with the subject line "MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2." (Will make my job a bit easier come Monday :mrgreen: )
0 Kudos
69 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: MLBTV Freezing and Choppy v2

Thank you, sir!  Relieved me of extra-duty on Monday!
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
joelaudadio
Level 7

You beat me to the punch! I was just about ready to create a new post but it was already here. I tried watching with my Roku as late as last night. Still, the same problem. In fact, it was worse than ever as it immediately started to freeze from the second I turned on the game. I usually get at least a few minutes of viewing capability.

I just cannot understand for the life of me how this is still happening. Why is my Insignia Roku TV not affected by this issue? Have we determined that a Roku 4 will be in fact a viable option to avoid this problem moving forward? I honestly feel as if I can't take much more. Sadly, I see no resolution in sight.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4d3fect
Level 7

Gah, now I'm getting these issues, deets in sig, if anyone from Roku needs s/n, PM  I guess. 
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
ehren88888
Level 7

So the freezing/jittery issue on Roku Stick 3600R resolution for me is to simply hit the pause button twice and it’s back to normal but come on!!!! How long is this going to linger?. Top of the 4th inning Phillies feed audio overlay all of a sudden is delayed by a second or two. Was in sync the first 3 innings. Now bottom of the 4th it’s back in sync. WEEEEEEEEEIRD
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
mstat60
Level 7

Same issue here.  Roku 4200X, download speed 39.8 Mbps, deleted and reinstalled App twice with Roku unplugged, had CenturyLink remotely reset my modem.  I have same freezing issue whether the Roku is hard wired directly to the modem, or connected wireless.  Like another poster said, the commercials are ridiculous with constant freezing/unfreezing, yet audio doesn't stop.  I've called MLB TV support twice and spent about an hour each time with them answering the same questions each time, with them leading me to believe it's my ISP, my Roku or my modem/router, even though I have zero issues with all the other apps we stream (Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu etc).  They take me through the Roku secret screens to check this, that and the other, each time they say, "hmmmmmmm".  Both times I've talked to them the issue doesn't get resolved, and they tell me that my case number will get priority and a supervisor will call me the next day - never happened!  If they do find a fix I'd like to know, but then again it's probably too late because I'll be cancelling my subscription in a few days.  No wonder people pay more for DirecTV and their MLB Extra Innings package.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to know - thanx!!   
0 Kudos
KukeKana
Level 7

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this, but I was pleasantly surprised tonight on our Roku 3 that MLB.TV video streamed just fine after changing over to the radio audio overlay. It was very nice for a switch. Video on MLB.TV has been consistently choppy and freezing all season so far. It's very annoying.

I know that's not really a longterm answer, but maybe it helps to pinpoint the issue.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"mstat60" wrote:
If anyone has any insight, I'd love to know - thanx!!   

I apologize that I don't have an update on this issue yet.  All support-related questions should be addressed to MLBTv.

Once I get information I can post, I will add to this thread.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
tommy5725
Level 7

What's weird is, I watched a Cardinal game over the weekend and it was pretty good; I mean it got choppy a couple times but only maybe 5 or 6 times throughout the whole game. And a few times it fixed itself without me having to intervene. I watch today's Cardinals Cubs game and it seemed to be hanging up every 2-3 minutes. The radio audio does seem to help, but it ain't a cure.
0 Kudos
srglassw
Level 7

A solution to this issue may well be beyond Roku's control and they do seem to have left it to MLB to resolve it. Nevertheless, it is likely that Roku will suffer the biggest loss from this issue because it is manifest on their platform. I have several options for watching MLB, my tablet and phone, my media PC and my Roku. I have abondoned the Roku completely now and I expect others will do so too. I can get pretty well all the content that the Roku provides and with more flexibility from my media PC.
0 Kudos