Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrice999

MLB message "Event Will Begin Shortly" constantly displayed and not showing games

MLB message "Event Will Begin Shortly" is constantly displayed and games are not shown.

Works on mobile devices, just not tv and Roku.  This just started after the all star game a few days ago.

MLB tried to help us but to no avail.  

Anyone else having this issue and how to fix?

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: MLB message "Event Will Begin Shortly" constantly displayed and not showing games

Hey @mrice999

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jokir

Re: MLB message "Event Will Begin Shortly" constantly displayed and not showing games

We are having the same issue. The recommended fixes did not work. Did you find a solution?

Kirsten

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jokir

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Since the recommended troubleshooting did not resolve the issue, I would recommend following the latter part of my post above. There might be an issue on their channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
EdenStone
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue and none of the recommended fixes work. This is a problem with Roku, not the MLB app. I have heard from a number of people that this occurs when they use MLB with Roku. The MLB app works fine when I stream it on my computer. Roku needs to address this issue instead of offering generic fixes.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@EdenStone  Roku is not the developer of the MLB channel. Major league baseball is. So if you’re having issues with the channel you need to reach out to them. I just download it and installed the MLB channel and it works just fine

0 Kudos
EdenStone
Channel Surfer

As others have said, it is not the MLB app. The MLBTV app works fine on my computer. This is an issue with the interface between Roku and MLBTV. Just because it works for you, does not mean it works for everyone, as the above posts make abundantly clear.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Roku doesn’t develop the MLB channel for Roku. MLB does. So it’s up to them up to them to address it. Lots of outages reported 

https://downdetector.com/status/mlb-tv/

JustJess419
Reel Rookie

Im having the same issue. Tried restarting, redownloading, logging in again all to no avail. I have been going crazy trying to get my game on. Keep saying will start shortly, but its playing on phones and computer. 

0 Kudos
JustJess419
Reel Rookie

@EdenStone Try to click on the broadcast and then fast forward until the game comes on. Just worked for me.