Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdzurilla
Level 7

Re: MLB app

Jump to solution

Did you ever get a fix for this? I’m having the same issue with no answers from anyone. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I'm not seeing this on any of my three active devices, running MLB ver 6.7 build 0.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the channel?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. (On Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart.) This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Note that a reinstalled station gets added to the bottom of the channel grid on the Roku home page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
scootermc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried it all, many times, and all three of my roku's over the last couple of years.  I've come to the conclusion it's just going to work when it wants to work, and not when it doesn't.  Nobody cares about our complaints, we are on our own.

0 Kudos
adamdzurilla
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sucks. Did MLB ever start working again? 

0 Kudos
adamdzurilla
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tips. Did all of that but none of it worked unfortunately. This is the newest Roku avail as it’s brand new and I don’t see it as a supported device on the mlb.tv’s web site which I don’t get because it was working last night 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

This is not a widespread problem, or we'we'd be seeing lots more complainrs, so let's see if we can figure out if you guys with the problem have something in common.

Things I can think of that might affect this:

Roku model name and number  (Settings > System > About)?

Roku software version (Settings > System > About)?

MLB software version (Highlight MLB on home screen, press * on remote)

Router brand and model?

Wifi or Ethernet connection to network?

If wifi, connecting durectly to router, to wifi extender, or to mesh system?  Brand and model?

Internet supplier and location?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos