Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jendecker
Level 7

MLB app not loading on Roku 2

Jump to solution

MLB app not loading on our much older Roku 2, which could be the issue, it thinks about it and then resorts back to the home screen. We’ve removed the app, rebooted the Roku system twice and no luck. Is it our Roku or the channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Source: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/roku-requirements

Supported Roku Models:

3700X, 3710X, 3800X, 3810X, 3900X, 3910X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 4660X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X

Roku 2 HD is model 3500X.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
makaiguy

Source: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/roku-requirements

Supported Roku Models:

3700X, 3710X, 3800X, 3810X, 3900X, 3910X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 4660X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X

Roku 2 HD is model 3500X.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Johnandlori
Level 7

So my Roku 2 is a 3000X. Does that mean it’s even older and I’ll not be able to watch MLB at all through this unit?

john

0 Kudos
Mlbproblems
Level 7

I'm having this same problem but on a roku 3. The 4200x model. MLB says it's supported but I get "there was a problem communicating with MLB." I removed and added the channel again, restarted the roku, all with no luck. All of my other channels work. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim

Just to be clear, the sequence should be remove the channel, restart the Roku, add the channel.  Removing a channel and immediately adding it accomplishes nothing.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mlbproblems
Level 7

Right. I didn't type it out in the right order. I did that and still got the same error.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MLB app not loading on Roku 2

Jump to solution

Hi @Mlbproblems,

Thanks for the note here.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: https://www.mlb.com/official-information/faqs

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
ronpar65
Level 9

Jump to solution

Sadly, for those who have older Roku's, You will find that they will be good for nothing except paper weights! Why is this? Because Roku can't make money if people doesn't buy new streaming boxs/TV's! I own all from Roku 1 to 3, to Ultra 4k! My Roku 3 box, top of the line 3 that is, worked fine last year, then one day I went to use it , after and update I believe it was, and now it is starting to act like the models before it did was acting, before they went south on me. they wouldn't open an app, when and if they did it took forever to load movie, then after movie started after a few minutes it stopped playing threw an error at me if I remember right. Why is this? Because Roku, has filled it with so much **bleep** ware, it's memory is tanked. and without enoug memory, apps are worthless. The Roku 3 will be next in line for the paper weight stack it may already be there, haven't used mine in awhile. Sad that we pay good money for these things, and ROKU stoops to this level to make more money off of us. But hey, Samsung, Sony and all the others are doing it as well! I guess it is alright for them, if they can sleep with it, but if I done that to those that made me rich, I would would bury my head in the sand and let the world go by. Just stop buying from them, I won't give them another dime of my money, don't care if I have to go back to days of old and slap a DVD/ Blu Ray  into my player, don't have to worry about someone sticking it to me, and DVD/ Blu Ray looks a lot better any way aye? Regards!

0 Kudos
ronpar65
Level 9

Jump to solution

Sadly, for those who have older Roku's, You will find that they will be good for nothing except paper weights! Why is this? Because Roku can't make money if people doesn't buy new streaming boxs/TV's! I own all from Roku 1 to 3, to Ultra 4k! My Roku 3 box, top of the line 3 that is, worked fine last year, then one day I went to use it , after and update I believe it was, and now it is starting to act like the models before it did was acting, before they went south on me. they wouldn't open an app, when and if they did it took forever to load movie, then after movie started after a few minutes it stopped playing threw an error at me if I remember right. Why is this? Because Roku, has filled it with so much **bleep** ware, it's memory is tanked. and without enoug memory, apps are worthless. The Roku 3 will be next in line for the paper weight stack it may already be there, haven't used mine in awhile. Sad that we pay good money for these things, and ROKU stoops to this level to make more money off of us. But hey, Samsung, Sony and all the others are doing it as well! I guess it is alright for them, if they can sleep with it, but if I done that to those that made me rich, I would would bury my head in the sand and let the world go by. Just stop buying from them, I won't give them another dime of my money, don't care if I have to go back to days of old and slap a DVD/ Blu Ray  into my player, don't have to worry about someone sticking it to me, and DVD/ Blu Ray looks a lot better any way. Regards!

0 Kudos