Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiSquatch
Level 7

MLB TV not working

I have an MLB TV premium account and a Roku 4630X (Premiere+). Until last week, I had no problem watching 2018 games on my Roku. Now I can watch those games via At Bat on my phone or via their website, but MLB TV on Roku no longer works. I can bring up the channel and get into the 2017 archives but nothing for 2018 shows up. My "Logged in as:" shows "Information unavailable" and I can't pick a favorite team, even after logging out and logging back in. Is anyone else having this problem? I've power cycled the Roku, verified that my Roku software is up to date, and uninstalled and reinstalled the MLB TV channel. Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Kudos
27 Replies
kcredbyrd
Level 7

Re: MLB TV not working

I am not having any problem accessing 2018 games but am experiencing all the other problems you listed. In addition, I cannot turn "Hide Scores" on. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

The correct way to reinstall an app:

Remove the app
Reboot the Roku
Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. Not saying it’ll fix it, but if your previous steps weren’t exactly that, it didn’t count.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Please try the suggestion listed above to remove the channel from the Roku home screen, restart your Roku device (disconnect the power for a moment, or use System Restart in Settings), then add the channel back once more. 

If you are still running into issues from there, you'll want to reach out to MLB support directly to report what you are seeing and request additional support with their channel (app). Each channel on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach reach MLB here: http://www.mlb.com/mlbtv/help-center/contact-us.jsp

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
...remove the channel from the Roku home screen, restart your Roku device (disconnect the power for a moment), then add the channel back once more. 

Tanner:

Some clarification please. I understood that a reboot via menu system was sufficient. Is an actual power off (remove power) required? If so, I and perhaps others would need to specify that when we respond to others. I don’t wanna offer half-assed suggestions to users needing help, and now I’m concerned that I’ve been doing just that.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DBDukes 

Thanks for asking for clarification. 

No, either method should be sufficient. Sometimes it can just be easier/quicker to unplug a unit and plug it back in. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
brianb2019
Level 7

I'm having a problem with the MLB.TV app on Roku.  The symptoms are:

1. I select a game to view.  The Roku starts buffering.
2. As the buffering continues in a normal way, an error message "This stream is not currently available" appears.
3. Within a few seconds, the game starts streaming behind the error message.  If I click OK on the error message then I'm returned to the menu of games.  
4. Retrying gives the same results.  I've tried restarting roku, deleting, rebooting, and reinstalling the app, etc.   

Notes: 
1. Roku 4620X, system software 9.0.0 build 4142-29 (up-to-date)
2. MLB.TV app version 6.0 build 2019020701 (up-to-date)
3. There's plenty of bandwidth (7 Mbps according to MLB's bandwidth checker)  
4. Games stream fine on an iPad and computers on the wireless network.

I've worked my way through MLB.TV's email customer support, phone customer support, and had the problem escalated to "tier 2" who politely took my bug report and told me they'll look into it...

Any other suggestions for things to do?  Does anyone have another (non-roku) device that works better with MLB.TV?    
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brianb2019 

Thanks for the specific details here. Would you mind sending me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku player? I'd like to see if we can help report this over to the channel publisher as well. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
prattden
Level 7

People mention uninstalling MLB-tv, then reinstalling it, but no one mentions how to do that. An important detail.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

When you're on the home screen, highlight the channel, press the asterisk button on your remote, and choose remove/uninstall (I can't remember the exact phrasing). Then REBOOT! Don't skip this step. Choose Restart from the Settings menu or just unplug the box from the wall outlet for a few seconds and plug it back in. After it reboots, reinstall the channel from the Channel Store.

-JT
0 Kudos