Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddevito1672
Level 7

MLB.TV forcing restart..

Today was opening day and the app appears to be glitching when I press the forward button on my remote. I deleted the app (because I still had it from last season), I unplugged and restarted the device but the next time I tried to fast forward, it froze and restarted the roku the same way. I know my roku is old. It's a Roku2 XS but is anyone else having this issue? Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: MLB.TV forcing restart..

My 2 XS would crash with YouTube as well. I gave up using it well over a year ago. It just don't have the processing power for the latest versions of Roku firmware and channel software. Unfortunately, it's time for an upgrade. Besides, once you've used one of the newer Roku players, You'll wonder why you stuck with the 2 XS for so long. There's no comparison between how much more powerful the latest boxes are. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ddevito1672
Level 7

Re: MLB.TV forcing restart..

Thank you! Yeah, I already knew I needed one. I just never remember until I’m back home.
0 Kudos