Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DosMan
Level 7

MLB.TV fast forward

When I'm watching a game on MLB.TV, and try to use the fast forward button to, say, skip over a pitching change, the picture just freezes; then when I push play, I've skipped forward some random amount.  I assume this behavior is just the way it works and not a problem with my setup (true, other users?).  How do you control the fast forward to get where you want to be?  It seems ridiculous to have no feedback.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: MLB.TV fast forward

Isn't there a progress bar with current time and time remaining that updates as you fast forward? I haven't used MLB TV in quite some time. I'm afraid that's the only feedback you'll get. A pitching change usually takes 2 to 3 minutes.

-JT
0 Kudos
srglassw
Level 7

"DosMan" wrote:
How do you control the fast forward to get where you want to be?  It seems ridiculous to have no feedback.

I've not found anyway to get feedback as to how far I have fast forwarded in MLB on Roku. I find that fast forwarding five seconds on the first (slowest) fast forward speed advances close to the two minute between inning and pitching change breaks. I just press fast forward, count off five seconds and press play.
0 Kudos
DosMan
Level 7

When I originally posted my question, there was an on-screen counter displaying position in the video stream to the minute -- pretty useless for short skips.  The next time I used MLB.TV later in the week, the counter had changed to give position to the second.  The rate of fast forward has also slowed down substantially (it was least 10x with a single push, now starting at 2x), so it's not hard to control with fair precision.  I can even skip the 30 seconds or so between batters.
0 Kudos