Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karpul
Level 7

MLB TV Roku 3 loading during game

This is the second season I have subscribed to MLB TV.  I watched the first game of the season today on my big screen TV/Roko 3 and it was horrible. I got the loading message several times each inning until after the sixth then it seemed to be pretty good. I had this same issue the first season, some games were better than others. I really don't know if this is a Roku or MLB issue but I am able to watch MLB on my PC without interruptions so it makes me think it is a Roku issue. MLB is the only service I have had streaming issues with, I also subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime (no issues). I checked the Roku today after I streamed MLB to see if there was any new updates and there was not, it showed that the last update was in December. I am not sure if there is anything I can do at my end, guess I could try reducing the resolution from 1080p to 720 but don't feel I should have to lower the quality of the picture.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Noah0504
Level 7

Re: MLB TV Roku 3 loading during game

It's really hard to say as today was really the first live day of MLB.TV for 2018.  There are usually quite a few issues very early on each year.  They're usually all worked out by opening day, but I will say our main Roku last year was a Roku 2 and it performed with pretty much no issues last year.  I upgraded our main TV to a Streaming Stick+ this year, but haven't watched MLB.TV on it yet.  I'll definitely be watching, so I'll try to let you know if I have any issues.

Also, remember, you get support for MLB.TV with your subscription.  If you're having issues, you can always call or email their support.  They'll usually let you know if something is up on their end or help you fix what is wrong on yours.
0 Kudos
Brady880
Level 7

Re: MLB TV Roku 3 loading during game

Karpul, I'm having the same problem with my Roku 2. I found some old threads that suggest this is an old (5+ years) problem that has never been fixed. I had been considering upgrading because my Roku is on the old side, but seeing that the problem has been around for ages, and that your newer Roku hardware presents the same problem, I'm thinking that I might be better served by a different device.
0 Kudos