Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amromano
Level 7

MLB TV App loads then Immediately Exits - it worked fin an hour ago!

Hi I have been using the MLB on my 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+ for a couple of years now, It worked fine this morning. This afternoon, as soon as the MLBTV app loads, it exits. I tried removing and re-adding the MLTV channel/app, retting and power down/up of the roku. Nothing works.

You get the spinning baseball when you select MLBTV. It opens for a second or two, then exits.

HELP!!!!

#3810x

#MLBTV #MLB TV

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MLB TV App loads then Immediately Exits - it worked fin an hour ago!

First I'd try rebooting the Roku. Go to Settings/System/System restart. If it still fails, it sounds like MLB released an update to their channel that broke something. You need to contact them and ask for support. They are the only ones that can fix a broken program. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MLB TV App loads then Immediately Exits - it worked fin an hour ago!

It worked for me yesterday afternoon on my Streaming Stick+ (3810) and loads up okay this morning.  There aren't yet any live games to check today, but I'm able to view a replay from yesterday okay.  I've got Version 7.0 build 8 of the MLB app.  To check the app version highlight the app in the channel grid, press the * key on your remote.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall to get the latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos