Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadioClash
Level 7

MLB.TV 2019

Opening day!  How’s everybody doing?  Silky smooth for me so far, skipping around to a lot of different games with no glitches so far.  
0 Kudos
10 Replies
erik316wttn
Level 7

Re: MLB.TV 2019

I have a Roku TV, TCL brand, and can't get the audio overlay to work. On a regular roku, you just press the star button and go from there. However, I attempt to do the same on my Roku TV, and the star button brings up the settings for the unit, not the app. Is it not possible to get the audio overlay on a Roku TV?
0 Kudos
4d3fect
Level 7

erik, I have a TCL Roku tv..and use a Harmony smart remote. In the TV menu, I press Info (aka Options), which brings up the settings menu. arrow down to Audio Track, and make your selection. We like to listen to the radio announcers for certain teams and this feature provides that.

forgot to add, you have to be watching the game for that particular menu to work that way.
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
jkf18
Level 7

Is anyone else having an issue with the audio volume with the audio overlay? First season with a new Sharp/Bestbuy built in Roku TV. Whenever I do the audio overlay for MLB I have to really crank up the volume - to like 35-40 to even hear it comfortably. Even then, the sound is dull. No problems with the regular TV audio broadcasts. I assume this is an MLB at Bat issue - but good luck with getting them to understand. 
0 Kudos
4d3fect
Level 7

I've got that right now. As long as I remember to adjust the loudness before I switch apps, it's all good. Normally I wait until the first couple weeks go by before I start griping on the MLB.TV forums. By then it's usually resolved anyway.
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
jkf18
Level 7

MLBtv has no clue. I discussed it with them on twitter. They act, as usual, nothing is wrong at all. I must say the issue is much worse and occurs more frequently on Roku. I also have an Apple TV and it isn't as noticeable. The problem is the ads are still at full audio. They blast, while the games are too low! 
0 Kudos
makarov123
Level 7

I have an old, 2XD, which gave me nothing but problems the entire season starting last year when they went to the new app. Discovered this spring training that by eliminating unused channels (either added by accident or by promotion in a firmware update), all my problems went away. I only have 5 channels now, so internal memory capability seems to be a big deal.
0 Kudos
clr61
Level 7

With mlb.tv I have the free app on my Roku.
Last year they used to show yesterday's "recaps", highlights of the games.   This year not so.
I've emailed them several times asking for why they've dropped this feature.
So for now, with the free app, I can get scores, and the free game of the day and that's it!
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Because they want you to pay.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
RadioClash
Level 7

Working like crap on my PC, slow load times and buffering.  No interest in trying to troubleshoot, sticking with Roku viewing which has been flawless so far.  Except the lousy commercials of course 
0 Kudos