Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

Re: MLB.TV 2018 on Roku devices

"RadioClash" wrote:
Have not tried the app yet this year.  Is "ballpark" audio still available this year and does the commercial audio play during breaks? Yes to both your questions! Park audio wont be available until opening day. See my post above to learn how to get radio overlay.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mikebdoss
Level 10

"aguero90" wrote:
"RadioClash" wrote:
Have not tried the app yet this year.  Is "ballpark" audio still available this year and does the commercial audio play during breaks? Yes to both your questions! Park audio wont be available until opening day. See my post above to learn how to get radio overlay.

You're including your responses in the quotes of the previous poster, making your comments difficult to decipher. Put your responses on a separate line. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

Sorry guys! Using JAWS Screen reader, have no visual idea how it looks lol. No commercial audio when using radio audio track.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mikebdoss
Level 10

"aguero90" wrote:
Sorry guys! Using JAWS Screen reader, have no visual idea how it looks lol. No commercial audio when using radio audio track.

Haha, no problem! Sorry for the misunderstanding. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RadioClash
Level 7

Okay thanks Aguero, I had forgotten that ballpark park audio not available for spring games.  Love park audio!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
tedbrown888
Level 7

"RadioClash" wrote:
Okay thanks Aguero, I had forgotten that ballpark park audio not available for spring games.  Love park audio!

I found the setting, it's available using the * key, and there is a setting for ballpark sound, but it is silent so far.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

I love the radio overlay! Imagine if you're visually impaired, and can only see a bit out of your left eye, the radio helps me so much better!! I can actually see the video better as radio guys describe it. Every other sport, I sync up xm radio audio feed with tv cable. Maybe some day, nhl.tv will get radio overlay and NBA.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The freaking crime here is that once the regular season starts, ballpark audio will almost definitely be interrupted every half inning by whatever godawful crap they have programmed for the commercial breaks, thus shattering any incipient snooze. I just have absolutely nothing nice to say at all about how they handle commercial breaks. I loved the boring "commercial break in progress" screens of 2016 and before. And it's even worse on mlb.radio, where last year they cycled through the same freaking "great" calls...to what end? Is there like one person employed programming this garbage? Nothing is being sold and everyone's being driven mad. If actually the intention is to pave the way for a yet-more-expensive commercial-free option, hats off! You're evil geniuses! Just get to it, already! I will pay, you larcenous clowns!  
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RadioClash
Level 7

"knoxbanedoodle" wrote:
If actually the intention is to pave the way for a yet-more-expensive commercial-free option, hats off! You're evil geniuses! Just get to it, already! I will pay, you larcenous clowns!  

It's like being held hostage but waiting on the terms for release  :?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bvd1022
Level 10

"tedbrown888" wrote:
"bvd1022" wrote:

I actually prefer something to look at during commercials. The commercial break is in progress screen with no music at all can be dragging especially if you're watching a game that goes through a lot of pitching changes. This however, has nothing to do with Roku as it is the same across devices. 

This is where a 2 minute skip forward is (or has been) perfect. I only used the Roku because that was where I was able to get that to work. There were ways to skip on pc and TiVo, my other 2 devices, but this year's apps are pretty bad at that (so far). The trouble is, once you've gotten used to being able to skip 2 minutes ahead reliably and quickly, it's really painful to lose that.

The roku's go to 1/2 inning is unbelievably difficult. Before this newer app, the timing was such that I could program a skip to any 1/2 inning and get there in about 10 seconds. Now you have to go back to the game selector, re-choose your feed, move down a few choices to go to inning, then press down as much as 17 times. How dumb is that. In the past I could automate that, not so with this new app, as the timing is so slow, I'd have to program in 10 second or longer delays between commands.

I could go on and on, as this year's versions of the apps are really bad. I just don't know who is developing these apps. Whoever they are, they must not be baseball fans.

I too would pay a bit extra to have those "features" back.  Even if it's just a "movie" they could still edit out the commercial breaks (in archived games, the only ones I watch), though I'm sure they eventually will get filled with ads, like in the PC version, where you can't even get to the fast forward once an ad starts.

I haven’t noticed the two-minute skip feature before, but to be fair if I don’t watch games live, I usually watch them during the late night hours if I am not writing material. In the case of the latter regardless of what device I am using I just fast forward past those dead air breaks. I usually watch a good portion of the seasons games live (Least as far as the Mets are concerned), but seeing as I cover Boxing fulltime and normally have my weekends filled with both international cards as well as whatever is taking place here in the states, I love that I can use the app as part of my MLB EI subscription because it not only helps me save DVR space, but in the case of when I have to deal with bad weather locally, it gives me another option in the event I lose my satellite signal.

In regard to that, I remain firm in my stance that if DirecTV/AT&T are going to make new equipment (Satellite receivers) that do exactly what the current line of equipment does including, but not limited to being able to use a DVD recorder/VCR for personal/private use, but for the newer equipment to be for DirecTV Now, if I can get exactly what I receive now via the newer equipment, still use my DVD recorder, and not have to worry about losing my satellite signal, I would definitely consider transferring over. As far as MLB, it would be nice if they added some documentaries to the app. I became a fan of MLB Network’s Baseball’s Seasons and Triumph and Tragedy series, but you rarely see them broadcast them on the network unless it’s a holiday or during the offseason.

One thing that really irks me with regard to the Mets is they have a ton of documentary-style shows on their network Sportsnet New York, akin to what the Yankees put on Yes Network with their Yankeeography series, but unless Yes, I can’t get access to Mets Yearbook and other documentaries they have unless it is during a rain delay, otherwise it gets blocked out because I’m not in New York. Seeing as MLB produces some, if not all of that content for those regional networks, if they added the documentaries under say a favorite teams tab within the MLB TV app, it would get a lot more use from me personally and I’m sure there are others who feel the same way. Just my opinion.  
0 Kudos