Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

Re: MLB.TV 2018 on Roku devices

Anytime Yanks play the Rays or Marlins you'll be blacked out, no matter if it's at Yankee stadium or Tampa. Besides those games, you'll be good for every game accept Sunday night.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

Audio overlay is fixed!! Best part is during breaks, if you have it on radio track, you see the highlights playing but get silence!
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4d3fect
Level 7

"davidjazz" wrote:
I'm thinking about subscribing to MLB this year. I am a NY Yankees fan living in Bradenton, FL.
I understand Tampa Bay Rays games will be blacked out. That's only home games, correct? That's not a problem since I can see the Yanks in person at Tropicana Field.

What about games broadcast by YES? Are they available on MLB or some other national network like ESPN or FOX?
Thanks for your help.

Can't help with the NYY specific questions. My experience with the blackouts is, if your home team is blacked out, that's for ALL of the broadcast games in which they play, not only the home games.
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bvd1022
Level 10

"davidjazz" wrote:
I'm thinking about subscribing to MLB this year. I am a NY Yankees fan living in Bradenton, FL.
I understand Tampa Bay Rays games will be blacked out. That's only home games, correct? That's not a problem since I can see the Yanks in person at Tropicana Field.

What about games broadcast by YES? Are they available on MLB or some other national network like ESPN or FOX?
Thanks for your help.

I live in the area of the Rays as well. Have used the MLB TV app as part of my MLB Extra Innings subscription from DirecTV for years now. I can verify that the only games that will be blocked out in terms of live streaming are when they are playing at Tropicana Field and/or when they are playing the Rays at Yankee Stadium, and when they play on Fox/Fox Sports and ESPN. I follow both the Mets and Yankees being a New Yorker and I have been able to watch both Mets and Yankee games via the app when they play against Miami so you shouldn't have a problem. The app will cover games broadcast by Yes, WWOR-TV, and WPIX-TV. The only time games televised by them will be blocked live is if they are either also being televised nationally by the networks I mentioned and/or when they are playing Tampa. Beyond that, you're good to go. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bvd1022
Level 10

"DaBronx" wrote:
"aguero90" wrote:
Also, for those looking for audio overlay option, no more tv/audio feed setting, instead, once game is on, you hit * to bring up menu with night listening, captions, just go down once to audio track, English radio is on track 3! I got scared at first when I didn't see feed settings! I like it this way better!

That does not work on my Roku TV. Pressing the "*" button just brings up the TV menu options. Still trying to figure out how to get audio overlay on my Insignia Roku TV as I watch the Yankee game.
--brett

Brett,

This isn't a major issue for me, but I noticed yesterday that even though I have access through DirecTV to MLB TV, that I can't activate my subscription (Even though I'm on auto renew and have been signed in since last season and the year before, and the year before that, and so on.) to watch the spring training games via the app. This isn't major because I can watch those games most of the time via SNY or Yes, but I am curious even though DirecTV is advertising to activate, whether I should wait until right before opening day at the end of March or if I should contact DirecTV and ask them if the activation doesn't cover spring training? Just curious as to what your opinion might be.

Apologies for the double post. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

"bvd1022" wrote:
"DaBronx" wrote:
"aguero90" wrote:
Also, for those looking for audio overlay option, no more tv/audio feed setting, instead, once game is on, you hit * to bring up menu with night listening, captions, just go down once to audio track, English radio is on track 3! I got scared at first when I didn't see feed settings! I like it this way better!

That does not work on my Roku TV. Pressing the "*" button just brings up the TV menu options. Still trying to figure out how to get audio overlay on my Insignia Roku TV as I watch the Yankee game.
--brett

Brett,

This isn't a major issue for me, but I noticed yesterday that even though I have access through DirecTV to MLB TV, that I can't activate my subscription (Even though I'm on auto renew and have been signed in since last season and the year before, and the year before that, and so on.) to watch the spring training games via the app. This isn't major because I can watch those games most of the time via SNY or Yes, but I am curious even though DirecTV is advertising to activate, whether I should wait until right before opening day at the end of March or if I should contact DirecTV and ask them if the activation doesn't cover spring training? Just curious as to what your opinion might be.

Apologies for the double post. Thanks.

You are correct. Directv extra innings doesn't start until opening day, which is why mlb.tv isn't active through extra innings sub. Not sure if you can do it through mlb.tv. Call 1866-800-1275, there's an option for extra innings.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ehren88888
Level 7

I’m already sick of the “here’s a popular clip from MLB.com” during every half inning of EVERY GAME. This package needs a commercial free version like HULU. The repetitive same commercial breaks make me wanna just order MLB extra innings. MLB even shut down it’s support forum likely from all the complaints. Roku needs an ad blocker PRONTO
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aguero90
Level 7

They need to do what the NBA app does, in park breaks!! So cool.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ehren88888
Level 7

Even those on the NBA app are now ruined by inserted ads.
Roku streaming stick 3600R
115meg down cable Internet 10mb up Spectrum internet
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mikebdoss
Level 10

I wouldn't mind inserted ads/clips if they weren't the same few, repeating over and over and over. It's terrible - just leave the screen blank, or edit out the breaks once it's archived.
0 Kudos