Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aguero90
Level 7

Re: MLB.TV 2018 on Roku devices

Blackout issue is all fixed!! Can't test it with Yanks because of snowout, but Tigers game is working, and that was blacked out for me.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!
0 Kudos
DaBronx
Level 7

"aguero90" wrote:
Blackout issue is all fixed!! Can't test it with Yanks because of snowout, but Tigers game is working, and that was blacked out for me.

Great news to read! Glad you got it resolved and I hope that others with this issue get theirs fixed too.

Good news about the Yankee home opener being snowed out this afternoon is that there is no way for them to lose today. <smile>

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
Slugger
Level 7

"ehren88888" wrote:
3600R Stick

How long does it take Roku to fix the issue where the video spazzes out and freezes on a continuous loop? I have to press the pause button twice for it to stop. This issue has been going on at least a year!

^^^^ This!!!
I've got Roku 3 devices throughout the house and, since this year's update, the video has been glitchy. A quick pause and play fixes it up usually... until it happens again.  If support would just tell me a newer Roku would fix the issue then I'd upgrade to a Premiere since they seem to be on sale right now, but all I get from support is uninstall/reinstall channel then restart roku then reinstall the app again, then logout then reinstall, etc.  NHL.tv, YouTube, Netflix and Plex all still play back perfectly on my 3s but if it's simply a need to upgrade then I'd be willing to invest if it'll fix this problem.

EDIT: By support, I'm referring to mlb.tv support
0 Kudos
steveh11284
Level 7

"Slugger" wrote:
"ehren88888" wrote:
3600R Stick

How long does it take Roku to fix the issue where the video spazzes out and freezes on a continuous loop? I have to press the pause button twice for it to stop. This issue has been going on at least a year!

^^^^ This!!!
I've got Roku 3 devices throughout the house and, since this year's update, the video has been glitchy. A quick pause and play fixes it up usually... until it happens again.  If support would just tell me a newer Roku would fix the issue then I'd upgrade to a Premiere since they seem to be on sale right now, but all I get from support is uninstall/reinstall channel then restart roku then reinstall the app again, then logout then reinstall, etc.  NHL.tv, YouTube, Netflix and Plex all still play back perfectly on my 3s but if it's simply a need to upgrade then I'd be willing to invest if it'll fix this problem.

EDIT: By support, I'm referring to mlb.tv support

I have a Premiere Plus and still get glitches, stutters, HD dropouts, etc. I have no issues with other streaming services. Just MLB.tv. Could be just luck but I just rewound my live stream like 30 seconds and it’s been working okay, so far.
0 Kudos
Slugger
Level 7

Good to know.  Might be time to see if mlb will refund my money.  Doubt they will but I mean it's ridiculously frustrating this season.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mstat60
Level 7

Hello all,
I'm having some serious issues with the games freezing for 1-3 seconds and restarting.  I've got plenty of speed, 50 mbps or higher, great connection, all other apps work just fine.  I've been through the ringer with the MLBTV support people who provide zero solutions.  My question is, I'm watching with a ROKU 3 - which ROKU are you using with no issues?
Thanks very much for your reply!
0 Kudos
aguero90
Level 7

I have roku ultra, no feezing at all. 1 please wait screen for every 40 games maybe, but that's it. Using wired connection. I have RCN internet.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!
0 Kudos
mstat60
Level 7

Thanks for the info!  Is anyone else having success with an Ultra?  I'd be willing to buy two new Ultra's if I were assured they would correct the freezing/chopping.    
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 11

"makaiguy" wrote:
Reminder re minimizing subscription costs

For the last several years, MLB has offered a half-off deal for the remainder of the MLB.TV season for a few days around both Mothers Day and Fathers Day. 

So for the last couple of years, here's what I've done.  I subscribe to MLB-At Bat (audio-only service, but does give you video for whatever they choose as the Game of the Day) for about $20/season.  I can get by for a while with Game of the Day when it features "my team", the nationally televised network games for my team, plus the occasional game when they play the local team where I live.  Then when the MLB.TV half-off deal is offered, I jump on it with both feet.

Either they didn't offer the Mothers Day deal this year, or I just missed it.  The Fathers Day half off deal is now in effect.

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/?&affiliateId=MLBTVTAB
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
CNote
Level 7

On the Roku TV's it is a little different. you still press the "*" button on the remote and yes all the TV menu options will appear as you see.

In that option list scroll down to where it says "audio track" and you should be able to select radio overlay,  ballpark sound, Spanish radio (if available in that market) by toggling that option.

That's how I do it on my Insignia-Roku TV.

Let us know if you get it working.

--brett

I tried that but there is no option for Ballpark Sound within the Audio Track selections.

The only instructions I've found this year are: "Alternate audio options for video are found in the video player settings menu (*)".

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate this option. In past years it was a clear option you could select from the game menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos