Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaseballAgain
Level 8

MLB Games Not Available

Jump to solution

I tried to watch the Mets-Yankees game last night and tried to access the achieved game again today with no luck.  When I try to access the game I get the following message: "No available content for these dates."  Yet, I can access the games on my laptop and on my phone with the MLB app.  Why am I unable now to watch the games on Roku?  I rebooted, removed the channel and added it back and then logged into my MLB account with no results.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BaseballAgain
Level 8

Re: MLB Games Not Available

Jump to solution

Wow.  So I just called MLB support and found out what to do to watch the games.  Although the new interface shows the games on the Home screen that is not where you can watch them and you get the no content message.  Rather, you need to switch to the "Scores" screen where all the games for the day show and then the game content is available.  Really poor design and no message indicating the new way to access the games.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
BaseballAgain
Level 8

Jump to solution

Wow.  So I just called MLB support and found out what to do to watch the games.  Although the new interface shows the games on the Home screen that is not where you can watch them and you get the no content message.  Rather, you need to switch to the "Scores" screen where all the games for the day show and then the game content is available.  Really poor design and no message indicating the new way to access the games.

View solution in original post

usmc-0311
Level 7

Jump to solution

great find, thank you.  Just ran into this issue trying to watch the Phillies and the solution you provided worked.  Horrible design of the updated app. 

0 Kudos
ezrocks
Level 7

Jump to solution

THANK YOU! Was going crazy last night trying to figure it out and wound up casting from my phone instead. This is a much better experience. And Let's Go Mets Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Many thanks.  Ran into the same thing when I tried to watch CLE @ PIT last night.  Thought maybe it was blacked out because the game was being carried on MLB's cable channel.

I just changed my MLB startup page to the scoreboard to avoid the problem.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Jillmsmith111
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing here. When we go back to watch yesterday’s game on Roku, it says “no content available for these dates.” But we CAN go back and watch yesterday’s game on our phones. Any solutions??? 

0 Kudos
BaseballAgain
Level 8

Jump to solution

Go to the MLB menu and choose "Scores."  Then you have access to watch the games.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Jillmsmith111 wrote:

Any solutions??? 

Yes.  It was given in the very first reply to this thread:

@BaseballAgain wrote:

0 Kudos
Jillmsmith111
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know that I hand to go to menu and scores. I can watch live games. I can’t watch yesterday’s game. That’s the one that says there’s no content. I did go to menu and scores, but when I try to select yesterday’s game it says there isn’t any content. However I can watch yesterday’s game on my phone, just not on my Roku. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Jillmsmith111 wrote:

I know that I hand to go to menu and scores. I can watch live games. I can’t watch yesterday’s game. That’s the one that says there’s no content. I did go to menu and scores, but when I try to select yesterday’s game it says there isn’t any content. However I can watch yesterday’s game on my phone, just not on my Roku. 

I'm getting the same thing... for some prior games.  The ones I CAN watch have a grey triangle in the upper right corner.

0 Kudos