Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa5
Channel Surfer

MLB Channel Not Available or Not Working

Jump to solution

My MLB channel is not working. It just spins and then kicks me out. I have deleted the channel,  reset my Roku, and then added the channel back on. Still not working. Any other ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MLB channel not working

Jump to solution

Your message shows you are using an old Roku 2 XS. I still have a 2 XS (model 3050X) on a little-used guest bedroom tv, and it is doing the same thing. There is no problem on my other two, newer, Rokus on other tvs.

The latest update to the MLB channel apparently requires the processing capabilities of the newer Roku models.

Roku models currently supported by the MLB channel:
3700X, 3710X, 3800X, 3810X, 3900X, 3910X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 4660X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X
(note: 3050, etc. not listed)
(Source: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/roku-requirements)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
kfreund

Jump to solution

I am having same problem

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Your message shows you are using an old Roku 2 XS. I still have a 2 XS (model 3050X) on a little-used guest bedroom tv, and it is doing the same thing. There is no problem on my other two, newer, Rokus on other tvs.

The latest update to the MLB channel apparently requires the processing capabilities of the newer Roku models.

Roku models currently supported by the MLB channel:
3700X, 3710X, 3800X, 3810X, 3900X, 3910X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 4660X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X
(note: 3050, etc. not listed)
(Source: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/roku-requirements)

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

tracyweber
Reel Rookie

Re: MLB TV not working

Jump to solution

I cannot seem to connect to MLB.  I can get it on the home screen, click to load, the baseball comes up like it's loading, then it jumps right back to the home screen.  I've tried deleting the app, rebooting roku, adding the app again, several times.  Nothing. Same thing.  Any other suggestions?  Its not Roku as other programs will load.

0 Kudos
Teresa5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Teresa5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You were correct. Thank you. I switched to my Roku stick. I was able to connect to MLB. I guess it’s time to retire my old Roku to my guest bedroom!🙂

0 Kudos
Teresa5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is working now. I was using an old Roku 2x.  I changed to my Roku stick and it’s working just fine. 

0 Kudos
tracyweber
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku stick but I’m experiencing the same problem. How do I check which version I have and how would I go about upgrading?  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@tracyweber wrote:

I have a roku stick but I’m experiencing the same problem. How do I check which version I have and how would I go about upgrading?  Can anyone help?

From the Home screen:

Settings > System > About  will show you your model number, along with lots of other data..

Your unit can't be upgraded.  You upgrade by buying a newer model.

0 Kudos
tracyweber
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos