Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

MGM Sci-fi Channel on the Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Read an article on Cord Cutters website that the Roku Channel now has MGM Sci-fi Channel available.  Can anyone tell me how to access this channel.  I can't find it anywhere or am I incorrect.   Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MGM Sci-fi Channel on the Roku Channel

Jump to solution

@mritie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To access the MGM Sci-Fi Live TV Channel within the Roku Channel, open The Roku Channel and scroll down to the News, Sports & Entertainment section, and scroll to the right until you find the MGM Sci-Fi Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mritie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To access the MGM Sci-Fi Live TV Channel within the Roku Channel, open The Roku Channel and scroll down to the News, Sports & Entertainment section, and scroll to the right until you find the MGM Sci-Fi Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for responding to my inquiry.  With your info I was able to find it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don’t have a news , sports and entertainment section.... I have searched every section.. no nluck and no mgm!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The mgm channels seems to be missing from the roku app, it was there yesterday. Anyone else have this problem?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was watching star gate Around 7:30pm Friday - channel went black like it does every so often (likely a buffer issue) I exited the live Menu then reopened the live channel guide and the channel was gone. It had a channel number in the 800 range.  looks like some political trash channels We’re added.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same here. I was watching it earlier today and then flipped over to the game. When I flipped back the channel was gone.  I don't know why they removed that channel it was the best one on Roku. I don't like the language on the other movie channels, this one was the only one that didn't use the vulgar language the others do. I'm hoping this is a temporary thing to fix the problems of the channel blacking out. Otherwise I am done with Roku.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

There is no New, Sports and Entertainment Section.  Why did they move it anyway?  It is no longer on my guide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

They do add new movies the beginning of each month. I'm hoping this caused a temporary glitch. I hate to see that channel disappear.  Everything else listed is really bad B, (c, d, and f) shows/movies I have no interest watching.  I never realized just how many really bad movies there are before getting this Roku device. 

You can find hundreds of decent news apps, both local and national.  Just go to the roku menu, streaming channels, news and download whichever ones you want.  I have several for local and national.  

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, I know, but MGM SciFi is the only channel that I was interested in. Like you said, it had the best movies and what I appreciated about it is that it didn't include the vulgar language like the other channels.