Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lumos does not support Roku

Jump to solution

We are in the process of getting TV via Lumos Networks (fiber).  Lumos stated they do not support Roku , only Fire Stick.  Do you know why ?  Is it the format that Lumos uses ?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Lumos does not support Roku

Jump to solution

I have no idea what they mean by "support". The Roku doesn't know or care how you get your Internet access. Perhaps they mean they have an app for Fire TV that allows selecting content on the Fire that is accessible on their network. But the Roku will work just fine on whatever Internet access you have. If Lumos is specifically blocking Roku devices from working on their network, I'm not certain that would be legal, at least in the US. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution
Watch TV on Nearly Any Device
Watch Lumos TV on a computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, or many other Internet-enabled devices you probably already have at home and connected to your TV – Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Box or Stick, and Android boxes TV.

Apparently Lumos TV is just one of a growing number of services without a corresponding Roku app, like HBO Max, Peacock TV, and perhaps all NBC Universal "TV Everywhere" apps by this weekend. 

I checked on my TiVo Stream 4K (an Android TV device) and it has a Lumos TV app available from the Google Play store. I don't find it available for my Roku from their channel store. Hope that helps.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

I have no idea what they mean by "support". The Roku doesn't know or care how you get your Internet access. Perhaps they mean they have an app for Fire TV that allows selecting content on the Fire that is accessible on their network. But the Roku will work just fine on whatever Internet access you have. If Lumos is specifically blocking Roku devices from working on their network, I'm not certain that would be legal, at least in the US. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution
Watch TV on Nearly Any Device
Watch Lumos TV on a computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, or many other Internet-enabled devices you probably already have at home and connected to your TV – Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Box or Stick, and Android boxes TV.

Apparently Lumos TV is just one of a growing number of services without a corresponding Roku app, like HBO Max, Peacock TV, and perhaps all NBC Universal "TV Everywhere" apps by this weekend. 

I checked on my TiVo Stream 4K (an Android TV device) and it has a Lumos TV app available from the Google Play store. I don't find it available for my Roku from their channel store. Hope that helps.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response.  I agree it is probable more of an Lumos app issue.  Lumos probable only has an app for a Fire stick.   So I guess I can just pick another TV service provider is if I want to use Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the thorough response. 

0 Kudos