Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost a saved profile on Netflix when setting up new roku express

Jump to solution

I recently bought a roku express to replace an older roku version, and I have lost my daughters profile. I had to set it up again from the beginning so none of her progress or shows are saved. Does anyone know how to fix that? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Lost a saved profile when setting up new roku express

Jump to solution

There are only two ways I can think of this happening, but I don't think either of them can apply here.

1)  Some early Roku models are unable to support multiple Netfix profiles.  Had you linked one such early model it only would only have gotten whichever was the original main profile on the Netflix account.  But all models from the last few years, including Express models, do support multiple Netflix profiles.

2) If you had two Netflix accounts, one with a single profile, and a second with both profiles,  and then logged into the first Netflix account, then you'd only have gotten the one profile.  But for this to happen, you'd have to have multiple paid accounts at once, something I'd expect you'd be aware of.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Profiles are a feature of some channels, not of the Roku itself, so what channel are you talking about?  Any profile information is maintained by that channel.

When you set up the new Roku, did you link it to the same Roku account as you had previously? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@makaiguy It’s my Netflix account, and it saved my profile, just not my daughters, but I called them and they said it would only be gone if I deleted it, which I did not. So I’m just wondering if it’s somehow the roku. It’s an express. And yes I did link it to the same roku account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

There are only two ways I can think of this happening, but I don't think either of them can apply here.

1)  Some early Roku models are unable to support multiple Netfix profiles.  Had you linked one such early model it only would only have gotten whichever was the original main profile on the Netflix account.  But all models from the last few years, including Express models, do support multiple Netflix profiles.

2) If you had two Netflix accounts, one with a single profile, and a second with both profiles,  and then logged into the first Netflix account, then you'd only have gotten the one profile.  But for this to happen, you'd have to have multiple paid accounts at once, something I'd expect you'd be aware of.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@makaiguy @Yes, I only have one account with Netflix, with both profiles. So at this point, I’m just going to assume that somehow her profile got deleted by Netflix somehow. Thanks for the reply. 

0 Kudos