Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost Use of Four Roku Sticks in the past two days

It is 6/22/2020, I have lost use of four Roku sticks in the past three days.  No way to repair the remotes.  I have tried several different approaches that did not work!!

I think Roku has gone rogue and disabled devices to force users to buy new ones!

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Lost Use of Four Roku Sticks in the past two days

Nope, no problem with either of my sticks.

Re-pairing procedure that has worked for me:

1) Remove power from the Roku for a few seconds then plug back in.

2) Bring remote near the Roku and open battery compartment.  Trying from across the room may not be good enough.

3) When Roku has booted back up, press and hold pairing button in remote battery compartment for 3 seconds or more - a quick push won't do it.

4) LED in battery compartment should start flashing and continue to blink until the pairing is complete.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Lost Use of Four Roku Sticks in the past two days

@Mlippysr 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos