Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost Apps After selling 2 old Roku's

Jump to solution

I have 4 Roku's in use currently and sold 2 old ones (XD & LT) today.  Now I've lost almost all my channels and have two new ones that reappear after I delete.  I suspect it has something to do with one or both of the ones I sold.  Can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Lost Apps After selling 2 old Roku's

Jump to solution

@frankkasten  Thanks for reaching out. When a channel is added or removed from any Roku device linked to a Roku account, that change will be reflected on all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account. You will need to log into your Roku account at my.roku.com and remove those devices from your account in order to stop that from occurring. Use the option to 'Unlink' those devices that appears to the right in the list of your linked devices. (Tip: If you need to confirm the serial numbers of the devices you still own, you can always visit Settings>System>About on your devices to see that information.)

We always recommend that you perform a factory reset on a Roku device before gifting, selling, etc. in order to protect your information and preserve your experience. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@frankkasten  Thanks for reaching out. When a channel is added or removed from any Roku device linked to a Roku account, that change will be reflected on all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account. You will need to log into your Roku account at my.roku.com and remove those devices from your account in order to stop that from occurring. Use the option to 'Unlink' those devices that appears to the right in the list of your linked devices. (Tip: If you need to confirm the serial numbers of the devices you still own, you can always visit Settings>System>About on your devices to see that information.)

We always recommend that you perform a factory reset on a Roku device before gifting, selling, etc. in order to protect your information and preserve your experience. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.  I thought I had unlinked both boxes some time ago but in fact had only unlinked one of them.  With 4 currently used Roku's, I'm very familiar with the fact that any change cascades across all of them.  I don't like that but I understand it.   

0 Kudos