Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smteter711
Level 7

Losing sound with Hulu only

I can only watch maybe 1-2 minutes of anything on Hulu before the sound just stops. The video continues to play but no sound. I can hit the back button and then play again and it restarts the video from the beginning and again after 1-2 minutes I lose sound. This isn’t happening with Netflix, HBO Max, or anything else, just Hulu. I tried deleting the Roku app, restarting, and then adding the channel again and it didn’t work. We have another Roku TV in our bedroom and it doesn’t happen on that TV. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Losing sound with Hulu only

Hi @Smteter711,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try to do a manual update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Reboot your Roku device and try the channel again. 

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos