Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voodoovicki
Level 7

Losing Audio in the NBC App Channel

I have to do this thru 'reply' to post as there is no 'new topic' to be found. Not even sure anyone will even see this. About a week ago on my Vizio smart tv which I have the Roku Premiere hooked to for about 2 years and suddenly after having on NBC the sound goes off, if I back out of the station and restart it will do it again. Do not have this issue on my computer or my tv with a Comcast box. I can't find any support for Roku so reaching out anywhere I find to post issues. I did unplug Roku, blew out any dust (read that on another site) but still have the problem. Anyone??? Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Losing Audio in the NBC App Channel

[New Topic created] 

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. Have you contacted the channel provider's support team to report the issue and request additional support? 

In general, if you're running into an issue with a particular channel (app), we'd recommend trying the following steps: 

1. Remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, then choosing 'Remove channel".
2. Then, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart 
3. Once your device restarts, add the channel back again from 'Streaming channels' in the Roku home screen menu. Then try streaming again. 
4. Try changing the HDMI cable in use, or use a different HDMI port on your TV to see if this helps resolve the issue. 

If those steps still aren't doing the trick, please send me a PM with the following information: 

- Your Roku account email address
- The serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About 
- The name of the channel and a specific example of a content title (and season/episode, if a series) that you are experiencing the issue with. 

I can help pass along feedback to the channel provider.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos