Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Looping a YouTube video

I’m wondering if there is a way for me to loop a YouTube video on my Roku device. On a computer, YouTube videos can be right-clicked to reveal an option to loop. Is it possible to access this on Roku? I’m hoping to avoid using other software as recommended by previous threads, as this was discussed before YouTube added the feature.
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Looping a YouTube video

Not that I know of, you can check though, while a video is playing press the up arrow on the remote and then click on the three dots on the left hand side, that should show all your options and I assume loop would be there if it's possible, but I've never seen it, there doesn't seem to be anything in settings either.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the answer, in case anyone is still looking for it. I put a TV with a ROKU box in my fireplace, and wanted to run youtube fireplace videos on a loop to maintain the illusion. As stated in the question, the youtube app on ROKU does not have a loop feature, and there is no way to put it in there.

BUT...

The ROKU box DOES have a webcast app. Most modern computers have a built in webcast feature, and there is a Roku webcast app for both android and Iphone in the respective app stores.

Now I have BOTH my computer and tablet set up to webcast to the ROKU box in the fireplace. Youtube for both PC and phone have the loop feature. So, on either device, you start the youtube video, set it to loop and then cast it to the ROKU on the TV.

It took me two days to find this workaround...but it is solid. The "fireplace" is crackling right now, and it is so good it has fooled the dog who is laying in front of it.

0 Kudos
Level 7

UPDATE:

I had done all of the above, and everything was working. It was casting perfectly, with the actual video (at the source) hidden in the background, I was happy...

Then the receiving cut off the video after 4 hours. I assumed there had been a momentary lapse of wifi or something, started it again and...4 hours later...it cut off again. It took me a few more hours to figure out the new problem, but here is the answer:

In your ROKU interface, go to settings. Then Network. Then: "Bandwith Saver."

Turn it off. 

Now you're good.

0 Kudos