Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlyon
Level 7

Logging into an App with a different Account.

I logged into the Hallmark App for my wife with a cable account for her to stream live content from the channel.  We have since switched cable providers and she can no longer access content.  How do I log out of the original account and into the new one?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Logging into an App with a different Account.

I don't use the Hallmark app so I can't give detailed instructions.

Within the Hallmark app look for a menu item named Settings (or something similar like options, setup, etc.).  Within that, see if you can find an option to log out (again, or something similar).

If successfully logged out, exit the Hallmark channel, then go back in.  There should be a way to then log in with the credentials for your new cable account.

If that doesn't get it for you,  maybe removing and reinstalling the Hallmark channel will do it for you.   Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos