Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neverknowsbest
Level 7

Logged out of Roku and I was not owner of account but I paid for the channels

I was unaware my boyfriend’s ex was logged in to his Roku for the whole time I lived with him and suddenly I was signed out of it w/ no channels. The problem is that all my login info for accounts I paid for were logged in. Does she have permanent access to my accounts even though she removed the device from her account?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Logged out of Roku and I was not owner of account but I paid for the channels

Short answer:  Maybe (depending on several factors)

Solution:  He needs to put his Roku on his Roku account/your Roku account (do you want to be the next "her"?), and you need to change all your passwords for all of your subscription/authenticated services - this should deactivate/de-authenticate any apps using your logins on any other devices she has on her account.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos