Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Local channels

I need to change my zip code to get my correct local channels. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 19

Re: Local channels

... to get your correct local stations through WHICH channel app?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

I fave futon

0 Kudos
Level 19

@Jimdez64 wrote:

I fave futon

Sorry, I don't understand.  Is that "I have futon"?  The Roku Channel Store does not have anything listed for "futon" and a web search for "roku futon" returns a lot of futon bedding.

Roku itself provides no local channels.  Some of the channel apps do (YouTube TV, Hulu +Live TV, etc.).  If such an app is delivering channels from the wrong area, you'd need to straighten this out with channel provider of that channel.

The channel may be using your local IP number, provided by your internet service provider (ISP), to determine your location. You can determine what IP is being reported for you and its location by visiting a service like iplocation.com. Sometimes the IP may be identified as being from the ISP's home office location, which may not be where you are located.  Also, if you are connecting through a VPN, it will mask your actual IP and location.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos