Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Local channels

Jump to solution

I need to get local channels. Is there one best app to achieve this, don't think an antennae will work where we live.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Local channels

Jump to solution

If you are looking for streaming options, you may or may not be lucky enough to live in a Locast market. If not, you would need something like Hulu with Live TV or YouTube TV.

It may be worth at least giving an antenna a try, as those options can be costly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

If you are looking for streaming options, you may or may not be lucky enough to live in a Locast market. If not, you would need something like Hulu with Live TV or YouTube TV.

It may be worth at least giving an antenna a try, as those options can be costly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@jakel wrote:

I need to get local channels. Is there one best app to achieve this, don't think an antennae will work where we live.

You might look at Locast. They don't cover every market, but do have the locals for many metropolitan areas. Their channel for Roku works pretty well. 

https://www.locast.org/

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Locast does not work in my area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. Went out and bought antennae...hope it works!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

If it helps, I've found that this web page can be helpful in getting your antenna pointed in the right general direction or at least removing as much bulk from your signal path as possible by identifying what direction your local stations are coming from: https://www.antennaweb.org/

0 Kudos