Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bear991
Level 7

Local channels

This morning I was watching my local news channel this afternoon after returning from work I can't get my local news channel. I go to a channel I had subscribe to for local news and it's now providing news from another state.. what is going on? I live in Georgia I don't want to see the news from Alabama

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Local channels

What service are you using to view your local channnels?  Roku just displays what the service sends them.  This is a question that should be directed to that service.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Robbie213
Level 7

The same thing has happened to me! I'm getting frustrated cause I can't figure it out.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Doesn't anybody ever read existing replies before adding another duplicate question?

AGAIN:  What service are you using to view these "local channels"?

For instance, I have the FOXNOW app installed on my Roku.  I live in the Augusta GA market.  Under the "Live TV" option there is a channel grid, with my local Augusta GA Fox affiliate listed at the top.  During weekdays, though, the listing for this station says something like "local channel begins at 8 pm" (I'm writing this on Sunday so I can't check the exact wording), and if I click on it I during the day before the network stuff kicks in, I get what is being broadcast from the ATLANTA station.   I've never tried it during the evening to see if I really do get the local news or if it too reverts to Atlanta.

This is all generated and controlled by FOX, not by Roku.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos