Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USMC4910
Level 7

Local channels

Can I watch my local stations like Fox, NBC, CBS etc? I’m worried that I won’t be able to get my local news.

4 REPLIES 4\
LMHow
Level 7

Re: Local channels

I just hooked up my Roku device and need to know how to access my local channels.   We have the Roku in the kitchen and generally only watch local stations for weather, etc.  How do I place these stations on the Roku?

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

If by "Roku device" you mean a separate media player, then your TV will continue to function as before, including whatever over-the-air reception or cable connection that you've always had.

Of course, you may also be able to stream some or all of your stations depending on whether you have cable, what cable system you are on, etc.  This will likely require browsing the Roku channel store for appropriate channels. 

0 Kudos
LMHow
Level 7

Thank you for getting back to me so soon.  I thought I understood Roku when I bought it, but where do I go for these local channels.  In other words, what do I activate to find my channels.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Here is a place you can find and install streaming channels:

https://channelstore.roku.com/browse

There are some "local" channels there (typically listed by call sign) as well as cable company apps (if you have a cable TV company.)

Of course, the above assumes you want to stream them and not get them over the air or through a cable TV hookup.

0 Kudos